What do non-smokers think of e-cigarettes?

Hey mate. I don't make the rules. I'm just telling you how it is.

Several football clubs have already banned them from the grounds.

Every airline in the world seems to have banned them on flights

US and Canadian railways have banned them from trains.

National Express have banned them from their premises and buses

Starbucks have banned them from all their 18000 coffee shops.

Tesco has banned them from all their stores

Morrisons has banned them from all their stores

Sainsbury has banned them from all their stores

Major retail developments such as Metro Centre, Baehead & Bullring have banned their use.

What do you think they are trying to tell you?

That they regard smokers not worthy of their custom?

Hey mate. I don't make the rules. I'm just telling you how it is.

Several football clubs have already banned them from the grounds.

Every airline in the world seems to have banned them on flights

US and Canadian railways have banned them from trains.

National Express have banned them from their premises and buses

Starbucks have banned them from all their 18000 coffee shops.

Tesco has banned them from all their stores

Morrisons has banned them from all their stores

Sainsbury has banned them from all their stores

Major retail developments such as Metro Centre, Baehead & Bullring have banned their use.

What do you think they are trying to tell you?

The stores you mention? Some of them actually sell them!...I presume you mean, they have banned people from 'using' them in those stores?

Do you object to breathing in water vapour?...Lord help us, if we have a foggy day!

The point you seem to miss, is non-smokers breath out germs and god knows what!...The difference being...you don't 'see' it!

The stores you mention? Some of them actually sell them!...I presume you mean, they have banned people from 'using' them in those stores?

Do you object to breathing in water vapour?...Lord help us, if we have a foggy day!

The point you seem to miss, is non-smokers breath out germs and god knows what!...The difference being...you don't 'see' it!

You do seem to assume that when someone confronts you with facts that you don't like that they are making the rules. It is the companies that make the rules and you are stuck with them. My opinion is neither here nor there. It isn't me you need to argue with.

I note Sainsbury's also sell Scotch but they don't let you walk around swigging it. Then there's this shop that sells vibrators....

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 17:38 ----------

That they regard smokers not worthy of their custom?

That these places don't want my money ... :P

As I said earlier, no worries ... sod 'em :cool:

That's cool. Don't use the places. Live on road kill.

You do seem to assume that when someone confronts you with facts that you don't like that they are making the rules. It is the companies that make the rules and you are stuck with them. My opinion is neither here nor there. It isn't me you need to argue with.

I note Sainsbury's also sell Scotch but they don't let you walk around swigging it. Then there's this shop that sells vibrators....

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 17:38 ----------

That's cool. Don't use the places. Live on road kill.

Yes but unlike swaggering round ****** with a bottle of Scotch, you are not likely to hurt anyone or find it threatining puffing on a e-fag whilst shopping in Sainsburys.

Good thread. Bottom line is that while nicotine as a pure drug is much less harmful than when contained in tobacco it is still a drug with powerful physiological effects (dangerous for people with cardiac conditions because it elevates BP and pulse) and highly addictive qualities. It is not something that should be positively reinforced as an acceptable social habit in any form. Even more so when it is delivered in a way that mimics real smoking.

<sigh> .... road kill? :huh:

I live a full, rich life thanx .....

Anyway what is wrong with you? :roll:

It's quite a common illness, he's one of those anti-smoking nazi's I mentioned above who feels the urge to intervene in strangers lives even when their habit is of no possible danger or harm to others.

Good thread. Bottom line is that while nicotine as a pure drug is much less harmful than when contained in tobacco it is still a drug with powerful physiological effects (dangerous for people with cardiac conditions because it elevates BP and pulse) and highly addictive qualities. It is not something that should be positively reinforced as an acceptable social habit in any form. Even more so when it is delivered in a way that mimics real smoking.

So it's better to smoke 'proper' cigarettes? I can't imagine a non smoker, or anyone smoking e-cigs, not having smoked 'proper' cigs previously!

Personally, I would rather smoke the e-cigs, than the 'real' cigs.

If the owners of a premises fail to prevent smoking (or take reasonable steps to prevent) in their establishment they become liable to a hefty fine.

Rather than waste time and money ascertaining that a punter is using an e-cigarette every time someone complains, it is much simpler to ban them all and avoid the hassle.

I'm sure Mrs Sainsbury has already factored in the potential loss of business and realised the ban is in their interests.

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 18:07 ----------

So it's better to smoke 'proper' cigarettes? I can't imagine a non smoker, or anyone smoking e-cigs, not having smoked 'proper' cigs previously!

Personally, I would rather smoke the e-cigs, than the 'real' cigs.

I guess that it is possible that you really are a bit thick.

Who knows?

If not, you are guilty of stirring.

I fail to see anywhere in this thread that anyone has said smoking is better.

Archived