Anyone Recommend A Hotel In Birmingham?

I'm looking for a semi-decent / cheapish hotel in Birmingham.

Wading through a huge list at the mo, many of which are booked up on the night I need. I want it to be as central as possible, (i.e. actually in the city centre) and no more than £60 for a double room.

Anyone ever stayed in a Britannia hotel? What are they like?

Cheers.

Having a look what's in my price range and near the train station.

Britannia seems to be bang opposite, and the cheapest so far. Know anyone that's been...?

Going for a drunken night out, so don't suppose it matters what the decor is like!

So do you recommend any good places to go out drinking in the city centre?

If you want a good night out drinking, then you cant do any better than going up Broad Street. It isnt exaclt central, a bit of a walk from the main Centre, but well worth it. Bars as far as you can see. Its like a good version of West Street.

If you want a good night out drinking, then you cant do any better than going up Broad Street. It isnt exaclt central, a bit of a walk from the main Centre, but well worth it. Bars as far as you can see. Its like a good version of West Street.

Hahaha yes.

Ooh did you ever go to Summer Row? Swan-ky! I went to Mechu last week, and Illy is lovely.

Hotel wise...the Thistle is not very central and it's bloody ugly...might be nice inside though. I stayed in Thistle Euston in London and that was very very nice and a bit posh.

Archived