Is life ever going to get any better for young people?

So, just wanted peoples opinions on whether things will get any better, just for the 'laugh'!

I am 25 and my boyfriend 30. Just managed to buy a house (through the massive generosity of my partners parents being able to lend us a deposit). I work in healthcare and he works in a call centre, we both get paid peanuts. We hardly see each other as our shift patterns differ so much and when we are together all we can do is moan about the bad treatment we get at work.

We have pretty much decided that if nothing changes, then children will be out of the question. We definitely cant afford a child on the wages we get at the moment and wont rely on benefits. We have both signed up and paid to do open university courses to try and get better jobs but it hasn't made a difference to our prospects. Instead we are now even more skint because the courses are so expensive.

Just to add more insult to injury my car has been vandalized 3 times in the last 2 months! Not bad to say i am at work 70% of the time!

Just thought id have a rant.

Sorry

So, just wanted peoples opinions on whether things will get any better, just for the 'laugh'!

I am 25 and my boyfriend 30. Just managed to buy a house (through the massive generosity of my partners parents being able to lend us a deposit). I work in healthcare and he works in a call centre, we both get paid peanuts. We hardly see each other as our shift patterns differ so much and when we are together all we can do is moan about the bad treatment we get at work.

We have pretty much decided that if nothing changes, then children will be out of the question. We definitely cant afford a child on the wages we get at the moment and wont rely on benefits. We have both signed up and paid to do open university courses to try and get better jobs but it hasn't made a difference to our prospects. Instead we are now even more skint because the courses are so expensive.

Just to add more insult to injury my car has been vandalized 3 times in the last 2 months! Not bad to say i am at work 70% of the time!

Just thought id have a rant.

Sorry

Nobody forced you to get unskilled jobs in call centres etc. I've no sympathy for people who continue to work in s@it jobs and then moan about it. I worked in a call centre for peanuts too, years ago. I was always unhappy too. Bully boy boss-man kicking sand in my face. Workin for da man. Wondering why on earth I was sitting there wasting away and wasting time, with me' handsome good looks and vibrant youth wasted!

Because no matter what you do you can never change these organisations being a grunt on the bottom rung, and the people who work there are usually donuts that can't get better jobs / no imagination so you got no allies.

Don't be one of them...

You're young, you can basically do whatever you want. Why limit yourself? YOU ARE ONLY LIMITED BY THE LIMITS OF YOUR MIND! (and that has no boundaries!).

Whatsmore, Most people (young and older) can't get access to housing so you've hit jackpot there. BINGO!!!!!!!

I'd look at what you have got. A freekin' house and freekin fresh faced youth! feel good about that...

Then formulate a plan to either get a better job, start a business or do something that you love.

Maybe you'll have to be skint for a while, who cares. You're skint now. And miserable. It can't get any worse, what you got to lose?

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 23:48 ----------

What I'm saying is, you basically haven't got any troubles.

Most people can't really afford kids, afford a bought house, have loads of spare cash. Does it really matter?

HELL NO! get a life, go do something you enjoy, you can always go back to your sad customer services jobs if it all goes tits up.

Years ago I was a poor young person just like you. Being young and having nothing isn't a sign of the times, it's normal. Here's a clue, do you know one person with a job who's wealthy? The ONLY difference between the average rich person and the average poor person is the average rich person has something to sell. Unless you come into money in some sudden unexpected way, the only legal way to make your dreams come true is through a business that sells something to a hungry market. Supply this hungry market with your products or service and you can be rich. It's as simple as that. You're in a wonderful position, you're young, you have no kids and a supportive family. What are you waiting for. Life doesn't dictate whether you become a success or a failure, it's neutral, you will shape your future whatever that turns out to be. STOP WHINING! START DOING!

Years ago I was a poor young person just like you. Being young and having nothing isn't a sign of the times, it's normal. Here's a clue, do you know one person with a job who's wealthy? The ONLY difference between the average rich person and the average poor person is the average rich person has something to sell. Unless you come into money in some sudden unexpected way, the only legal way to make your dreams come true is through a business that sells something to a hungry market. Supply this hungry market with your products or service and you can be rich. It's as simple as that. You're in a wonderful position, you're young, you have no kids and a supportive family. What are you waiting for. Life doesn't dictate whether you become a success or a failure, it's neutral, you will shape your future whatever that turns out to be. STOP WHINING! START DOING!

I know plenty of wealthy people - trust me when I say this, rich people have the worst hang ups! and are some of the most messed up people around.

I also know of well off people who work 60/70 hours a week and are miserable. Not worth the sacrifice.

Happiness comes from within. It ain't some bought commodity. Or when I get x amount of cash I'll suddenly be happy now!

It doesnt work like that. Happiness can be freedom. You can be skint and free. But also wealthy and free. Just depends.

Happiness comes from within. It ain't some bought commodity. Or when I get x amount of cash I'll suddenly be happy now!

It doesnt work like that. Happiness can be freedom. You can be skint and free. But also wealthy and free. Just depends.

It's impossible to be skint and free. Lets be honest now eh. Just as its almost as unlikely to become free if you work an average job.

freedom isn't just having money. its about doing what you want.

Freedom is doing what you want WHEN you want to do it. That luxury only comes with wealth. If you know some unhappy rich people, they're just doing it wrong.

Archived