Pure Gym @Tesco Extra, Sheffield, is it any good?

I'm thinking about joining this gym, and at £10.99 per month + £15 joining fee, this seems like a really good deal to me. Just wondering if anyone in here has been to this gym yet, what are your views on this gym is it any good?. I'm already in semi decent shape, and I'm also into bodybuilding and boxing, so I want to know what are the machines and equipment like, and how heavy do the dumbbells go up to as my max at the moment bench press wise is 30kg dumbbells, but I have been as high as to 85lbs before in the past.

I would be really gratefull if you could give me your opinions/insight on this gym.

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 23:48 ----------

Our dumbbells go up to 36kg, and can be used in a large variety of exercises. Integrating dumbbells into your workout will help stabilise your joints.

Taken from puregym website, whaaaaaa only up to 36 kg yer avin a giraffe :loopy: I think I'll stick to flex gym and quirkes then.

I'm thinking about joining this gym, and at £10.99 per month + £15 joining fee, this seems like a really good deal to me. Just wondering if anyone in here has been to this gym yet, what are your views on this gym is it any good?. I'm already in semi decent shape, and I'm also into bodybuilding and boxing, so I want to know what are the machines and equipment like, and how heavy do the dumbbells go up to as my max at the moment bench press wise is 30kg dumbbells, but I have been as high as to 85lbs before in the past.

I would be really gratefull if you could give me your opinions/insight on this gym.

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 23:48 ----------

Our dumbbells go up to 36kg, and can be used in a large variety of exercises. Integrating dumbbells into your workout will help stabilise your joints.

Taken from puregym website, whaaaaaa only up to 36 kg yer avin a giraffe :loopy: I think I'll stick to flex gym and quirkes then.

I go to another Pure Gym and joined because it was a lot cheaper than most because there are no saunas/swimming pools etc. If you just want to exercise they are great for running, rowing, cross trainers, cycling etc, resistance machines and weights. I suspect you could end up waiting at busy times though.

I used to go to the Pure Gym by the train station, really liked the equipment which was there and personally never felt I had to wait to use different machines. Only reason I left was because it was too far for me to go without a car. Now I'm insured I've just resigned for the one at Archer Road.

Archived