Supertram in the snow

This is a happy story that pleases me. Thanks for sharing the positivity Tuffty. This is why I wrote the song. It is a joyous ode to a wonderful tram network.

the tram network is only wonderful if you live on it! i live right at the top of crookes, the supertram is useless to me!

Is this the second song?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydw9AC0worA

If so I have a question, why didn't you play on the tram itself, it seems kind of ironic to be singing about the Supertram on a bus :)

---------- Post added 25-03-2013 at 15:26 ----------

I also like this video:

I like all the old cars and the red and yellow buses! I wonder who the litte girl and her grandad are?

Yes, the other song on today's release is indeed a version of that one played on the bus (although the released version is electronic sounding and not acoustic). That bus performance was at Tramlines festival, so it is still tram related in a way :)

I enjoyed that other video of the 1995 tram journey. That young girl was very inquisitive. I'm sure she will be a fully fledged tram fan by now.

the tram network is only wonderful if you live on it! i live right at the top of crookes, the supertram is useless to me!

I think anyone living South West of the city probably feels the same.

But I don't want to spoil the thread by getting all negative about the lack of integrated transport planning. I'd prefer instead to just sit here and imagine the beauty of a Supertram in snow.

It makes me want to paint it.

It would be on a par with Coulson's 'Returning Lancaster', I fancy.:thumbsup:

But I don't want to spoil the thread by getting all negative about the lack of integrated transport planning. I'd prefer instead to just sit here and imagine the beauty of a Supertram in snow.

There have been various transport plans for Sheffield, none of them were ever completed. More lines were planned for the tram, they'll never happen. It is good if you live on the route & want to go to one of the limited places that it goes. It's good how it keeps running in the snow. If it went more places it'd be better. We have to be thankful for the few things we have, a Supertram in snow is a beautiful sight.

It's good how it keeps running in the snow. If it went more places it'd be better. We have to be thankful for the few things we have, a Supertram in snow is a beautiful sight.

Certainly is. I look forward to every journey I make on the Supertram. I will be making such a journey after work.

We of course have a main line railway in the South West of the City with a station at Dore & Totley.

I should point out that Northern Rail also continued to provide a train service between Dore & Totley and Sheffield station quite reliably during the snowfall and with a nice fast, non-stop journey of just 10 minutes.

The fares on the train aren't too bad either - single from Dore to Sheffield is £2.00 and a return is £3.20 (which reduces to £2.20 after 09:30hrs).

Only complaint about the train service is that it isn't exactly frequent...unlike Supertram's service.

Archived