THREE BAD AVERTS, arrrgh.

EASTWOOD141

Yes, I have an aversion to ads that include an identifiable celebrity pretending they're part of the company they are advertising (for example, Tennant referring to "our best products").

Yeh! and Parkinson saying WE'LL give you a Parker pen! WOW! that bloke wouldn't give the ink.:gag:

Why do people still watch TV with ads? Why not use a pvr or Sky plus box and record what you want for watching later? Is it poverty which is the difference between those who watch ads and those that don't?

I think after they have shown the same ad twenty times then it should have to be changed

I am fed up with seeing Michael Parkinson's ad, Go Compare and Injury Lawyers for You

I hate that one with a passion.

He starts off, "ive met many interesting people in my life and asked many interesting questions"

Then without elaborating he goes straight into peddling his over priced tat thats nothing short of a rip off.

Way to go Michael.

Why do people still watch TV with ads? Why not use a pvr or Sky plus box and record what you want for watching later? Is it poverty which is the difference between those who watch ads and those that don't?

There's a certain craft in some ads that make them viewable - akin to music videos (which are also trying to sell something). It's not poverty that compels me to watch them, however, but a professional interest going back to my days working in an ad agency.

There's a certain craft in some ads that make them viewable - akin to music videos (which are also trying to sell something). It's not poverty that compels me to watch them, however, but a professional interest going back to my days working in an ad agency.

Ads in the main are crass, every now and again we get a classic; like the Evian one with the babies on roller skates, brilliant.

Why should people be obliged to subscribe to Sky,when it helps Richard Murdoch exert even greater control over the media?Sky is the preserve of Tory voters and supporters of the empire.

Change channel for 3 minutes.Can't remember the last time I saw an advert.

I do that all the time but some channels ie pick and itv go on for for about 5to6mins amongst others these two channels are the worst culprits for this they don't half ruin a good film, or especially ITV when they used to put the news on in between a film, you used to see the second half 40mins later, grrrrrrrrrh:suspect:

Why should people be obliged to subscribe to Sky,when it helps Richard Murdoch exert even greater control over the media?Sky is the preserve of Tory voters and supporters of the empire.

Then get a pvr, it's not rocket science.

Archived