Essex school bans triangle flapjack

I once threw a triangular shaped ham sandwich at my mother because she had put mustard in. After that, triangle sandwiches had mustard, oblong ones didn't. She was therefore safe from flying sandwiches. Mind you, I was only about 5 at the time.

It's very easy to mock but for those of us who lived through the "flapjack wars" of the 1980s in which over 150 people were killed, many of them seriously, this is no laughing matter. Banning triangular flapjacks is a start but a square or even rectangular flapjack can easily be converted with a few simple tools available in any school or prison workshop into two improvised scalene triangular "shanks". Only a total ban will prevent a return to the bad old days when patisserie fiends, high on glucose spread fear throughout the land and flapjack crime was so common police declared no go zones for miles around bakeries.

Think of the children! :mad: :mad:

It's just another example of the 'no win no fee' culture of today. This 'rule' has obviously been brought in because someone's little angel has been sightly hurt. And some people wonder why schools are closed when it snows?

Archived