Which Banks are Safe?

Jeez.....mossdog has discovered copy and paste.

Do you really think people come on SF to read through all that crap!

Pity more people don't take the time and trouble to do so.

There are very dubious things happening all around us that seriously need attention drawing to them for all our sakes.

It might appear boring to you now, but when the fat finally hits the fan people won't know what's hit them. And then it will be too late. They'll be totally uninformed, just the way the government likes them, and ready to believe any old guff the government chooses to feed them.

'We're all in this together', remember....

Pity more people don't take the time and trouble to do so..

You missed my point...

Anyone can use Google, and indeed I've done so, specifically about the difficulties in Cyprus. I have family out there struggling with no access to the banks for essential living funds.

My point was simply....if I need information I will research it.

SF for me is somewhere to chill out, read, comment, and enjoy the banter.

I don't read long winded (copied) posts from lazy people who can't express themselves and use google instead.

Apologies if my Yorkshire wit caused confusion.

Safe in which word you mean it. I think every bank in good but there are some problems which make them bad. If you say the security of your deposit, every bank have some rules and regulations. Don't believe in any rumor.

the rule is= make money by hook or by crook.

the regulation is (was) =trust us we know how to take care of ourselves.

do you think well regulated banks were not involved when they started crashing left right and centre for the last few years?

investment and depositors banks were given masses of DE-regulaton

You missed my point...

Anyone can use Google, and indeed I've done so, specifically about the difficulties in Cyprus. I have family out there struggling with no access to the banks for essential living funds.

I don't read long winded (copied) posts from lazy people who can't express themselves and use google instead.

Firstly you have not got any wit,.........secondly some people do like access to info they might not come across very easily that relates to the thread topic............and thirdly you might be best advised to stay in exile up your Welsh mountain if that's the most intelligent post you are capable of sunshine!

You missed my point...

That's fine Allen, a misunderstanding. I hope your family are OK.

None of them, Only put what you need In a bank, to pay your direct debits. Sell all your shares and other paper based assets. Buy gold and silver and have it in your possession, then hide it well.

Paper money is a belief system, its printed on blank paper and is worthless.

There is little belief in a system when the government can just steal it from your account (Cypress is a good example).

Northern Rock (for those with little memory of still-earlier failed banks, e.g. BCCI and others) was all the precedent needed in modern times.

That taught anybody who would pay enough attention, that no bank was safe, just as the global crisis was only starting.

Remind us:

which investors (other than shareholders on the Stock Market) lost-out when NR was rescued, in full, by HMG (= taxpayers)?

---------- Post added 30-03-2013 at 23:37 ----------

There is little belief in a system when the government can just steal it from your account (Cypress is a good example).

No, it's a tree. You mean 'Cyprus'.

And the account-holders losing money there are, I understand, mostly Russians trying to keep their roubles out of troubles.

This assumption that it's perfectly OK to take money from a private bank account because it is suspected that the money may not be legally obtained in the first place is just a bit outrageous in my opinion.

What happened to the rule of law? It is unacceptable to simply assume that something might not be kosher & just help yourself to someones assets with no proof.

Now it may well be that the money was 'dodgy'. So prove it. The same laws should apply to all of us. Once the authorities are allowed to take peoples possessions 'on a whim' then all bets are off & no ones assets are safe.

What happened to the rule of law? It is unacceptable to simply assume that something might not be kosher & just help yourself to someones assets with no proof.

Now it may well be that the money was 'dodgy'. So prove it. The same laws should apply to all of us. Once the authorities are allowed to take peoples possessions 'on a whim' then all bets are off & no ones assets are safe.

Yes, but the EU is not always complaint with the rule of law (when non-compliance suits it).

That's certainly unacceptable; in the EU, no one's assets are safe, I agree!

Archived