Which Banks are Safe?

Anna Glypta. He most certainly was, & aren't they all? Some wise man once said that 'politicians & baby's nappy's both require changing on a regular basis & for precisely the same reason'. Never a truer word spoken.

Have you noticed how Gordon has disappeared off the face of the world. Still drawing his salary & PM's pension though.

Some businesses carry way above what they really need, which is my point. However, the amount needed for cash-flow is down to how they structure their business and payments so good management is important anyway.

My concern is more for those with large personal deposits exposed to big losses when it's simply not necessary.

Sensible to a point but a little flippant also unless you could tell us where you would park say....£500,000 for say twelve months when it may be needed again without risk!

Obviously Banks, Building societies, Gold, The Stock market, all have risks.

Sensible to a point but a little flippant also unless you could tell us where you would park say....£500,000 for say twelve months when it may be needed again without risk!

Obviously Banks, Building societies, Gold, The Stock market, all have risks.

£500,000 with instant access if needed during a 12 month period is going to limit options. And where you put an amount of this size and above should really depend on what you know and are good at. I love property, I understand it, I know how to work it to my favour with very little risk and always use a strategy of buy to hold longterm, so I would put it there without blinking an eye. However, someone clueless with little interest in property could make a huge mistake and lose a ton of money. If you've managed to accumulate 500k, you'd have to hope you were good at something and knowledgable in a specific investment vehicle. If not, time to learn. What else is there.

I put a percentage of my investment funds in property, gold, stock options and stocks, and yes they carry risk but my risk is spread between low, medium and high risk investments. All I care about at the end of the day is my ROI and if just sat in a bank, my ROI is going to be crap!

£500,000 with instant access if needed during a 12 month period is going to limit options. And where you put an amount of this size and above should really depend on what you know and are good at. I love property, I understand it, I know how to work it to my favour with very little risk and always use a strategy of buy to hold longterm, so I would put it there without blinking an eye. However, someone clueless with little interest in property could make a huge mistake and lose a ton of money. If you've managed to accumulate 500k, you'd have to hope you were good at something and knowledgable in a specific investment vehicle. If not, time to learn. What else is there.

I put a percentage of my investment funds in property, gold, stock options and stocks, and yes they carry risk but my risk is spread between low, medium and high risk investments. All I care about at the end of the day is my ROI and if just sat in a bank, my ROI is going to be crap![/quote ]

Whilst property may be a good investment in the very long term,what do you say to the many observers who say that property is generally overvalued up to 30% and is artificially held up by printing and borrowing to deter a major collapse in the market.

Whilst property may be a good investment in the very long term,what do you say to the many observers who say that property is generally overvalued up to 30% and is artificially held up by printing and borrowing to deter a major collapse in the market.

I would say that I don't really care, house prices are going to boom, they are going to bust. As I never sell, it doesn't really matter. I just pull out cash when it's high.

Archived