North Korea .. U.S ready for war ?

I always wondered what a nuke war would be, would love to find out!

Apparently, North has told all foreigners to evacuate South Korea, sounds like **** is about to hit the fan.

Ooooh goody..sounds like your dream is about to come true.

I wonder whether the lifetime warranty has anything to do with the sales figures?
It probably does, but the cars are also giving the kind of reliability they didn't a few years ago. Honda is still trying to beat them up, saying Hondas don't need 100,000 mile warranties. I wonder why that didn't include the 1979 Accord I owned whose clutch burned out on me. The only car I owned that ever did.

---------- Post added 09-04-2013 at 12:06 ----------

So maybe he lost his South Yorkshire accent too and now sounds American?
The South Yorkshire accent has disappeared, but he doesn't sound American. My late Aunt Peggy was married to a Bill Clarkson who came to America in 1912 from Selby. Jeremy looks like him. The family were booked on the Titanic, but were delayed for some reason. He seems to hate Americans which will no doubt make him popular on SF.:)

It probably does, but the cars are also giving the kind of reliability they didn't a few years ago. Honda is still trying to beat them up, saying Hondas don't need 100,000 mile warranties. I wonder why that didn't include the 1979 Accord I owned whose clutch burned out on me. The only car I owned that ever did.

---------- Post added 09-04-2013 at 12:06 ----------

The South Yorkshire accent has disappeared, but he doesn't sound American. My late Aunt Peggy was married to a Bill Clarkson who came to America in 1912 from Selby. Jeremy looks like him. The family were booked on the Titanic, but were delayed for some reason. He seems to hate Americans which will no doubt make him popular on SF.:)

Remember the first Hyundais that appeared in dealerships in the late 70s early 80s?

The Legend started off really well. They were selling like hot cakes in Caliifornia but five years later there were convoys of trucks hauling them off to the junk yards. The Legend then disappeared like snow in the Sahara.

What ever happed after that Hyundai got it's act together big time because now you see as many of them as Hondas and Toyotas

South Korea is one of the Tiger Economies of South east Asia. They make good quality stuff. Who could say a bad word about Samsung or LG products.

Easily as good as Panasonic or Sony any day

Remember the first Hyundais that appeared in dealerships in the late 70s early 80s?

The Legend started off really well. They were selling like hot cakes in Caliifornia but five years later there were convoys of trucks hauling them off to the junk yards. The Legend then disappeared like snow in the Sahara.

What ever happed after that Hyundai got it's act together big time because now you see as many of them as Hondas and Toyotas

South Korea is one of the Tiger Economies of South east Asia. They make good quality stuff. Who could say a bad word about Samsung or LG products.

The earliest time I saw Toyotas and Nissens ( then called Datsuns) was while I was stationed in Malta in 1960. They were junk and nobody would buy them. Some guys would go to Germany on leave and buy BMWs or Mercedes directly from the factory

and have them shipped to the island, because there wass no tax on them in Malta for Britsh servicemen. When they had them shipped home, they had to own them for two years to avoid purchase tax. That's why they chose German.

What's all this got to do with the N Korean's starting a war, are they going to bomb your cars? :loopy:

So will we get bombed ?

no son its going to be a lot worse than that

this is their special forces missile attack squad in action don't forget theres nearly a million of these pointed at the south.be afraid....I think its time to send in "team america"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnBQuhcFr6o

be a laugh if their own missiles landed on pongyang ,mind you I"D miss that marching robot army

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 14:09 ----------

Misread your sarcasm.
:suspect:

thats okay eastwood but I thought I"d just let you know that I"ve
cancelled my package tour of N korea and booked a yachting trip off the somalian coast.

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 14:13 ----------

The earliest time I saw Toyotas and Nissens ( then called Datsuns) was while I was stationed in Malta in 1960. They were junk and nobody would buy them. Some guys would go to Germany on leave and buy BMWs or Mercedes directly from the factory

and have them shipped to the island, because there wass no tax on them in Malta for Britsh servicemen. When they had them shipped home, they had to own them for two years to avoid purchase tax. That's why they chose German.

I made a blooper in my last post. It was the Hyundai Excel I was talking about.

Honda's luxury car division Acura manufacture the Legend model which is an excellent car in every way.

Remember the Yugos? :hihi: It was basically a cheap Fiat assembled in Yugoslavia under the Yugo name. God that was a horrible piece of work. It appeared on the markets here in the 1980s but in styling it resembled a throwback to the 1960s.

Consumers Reports did road test on it and the one who wrote the report said that during the test a door handle fell off and one of the windows wouldn't close properly. He described it as the worst car he had ever tested and nothing but a bucket of nuts and bolts

Many an owner developed arms and legs of steel pushing that turkey from one mechanic to another mechanic :hihi:

The first Nissan I saw was in Canada around 1965. It was called the Datsun Honey Bee. Uninspiring little cracker box that was something of a joke at the time.

Chevrolet had one of their own little horrors, the Chevrolet Corvair with a rear mounted air cooled engine. I bought a used one for 700 dollars. It always reeked of gas but it was handy getting out of snow drifts because of the weight being on the back

Ralph Nader wrote a book about it "Unsafe at any speed"

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 16:03 ----------

no son its going to be a lot worse than that

this is their special forces missile attack squad in action don't forget theres nearly a million of these pointed at the south.be afraid....I think its time to send in "team america"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnBQuhcFr6o

be a laugh if their own missiles landed on pongyang ,mind you I"D miss that marching robot army

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 14:09 ----------

thats okay eastwood but I thought I"d just let you know that I"ve

cancelled my package tour of N korea and booked a yachting trip off the somalian coast.

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 14:13 ----------

hope they wait till after the funeral before they drop the bomb.

Yes I reckon it wiould be Team America. I dont see Japan or even any of the NATO allies risking the lives of their soldiers in a ground war. The only allies the US could count on are the South Korean military which is natural of course since they would have the most to lose.

Everybody sees N.K as a renegade, possibly nuclear armed country which is a very real threat to stability in that region of the world but when it comes time to deal with it then send in young Joe from Kansas or young Ed from New York or young Bill from Oregon and let them lose their lives or their limbs.

Thankfully that scenario wont happen as any war there would be a war of air strikes and a somewhat violent but very short lived one at that

Archived