Angry football fan killed tot after goal

I hope one day he realizes the gravity of his actions..until that day arrives he will never be made to suffer the loss of his/a child. All he will suffer is his freedom, and that will be short lived considering the sentence.

Horrible tragic story.

I just can't imagine the suffering this poor child went through, or how anyone, especially an adult could ever enter a mindset where violence to one so innocent could become an option, reality.

I would tear my heart out of my chest with my bare hands for any one of my children, without thought, and whilst i too have had times when i've lost my patience with them it's never been more than a short sharp shout, which i've felt guilt over for days. Other times they've got away with murder, just because i love them so much, and as their "life teacher" i generally see their faults as a failure on my part.

What this guy has done is beyond my comprehension, it's inhuman and i would happily pull the pin from the door that would see him swing.

Inappropriate bickering removed

:thumbsup:

Ditto.

The concept that any sport is worth losing your temper so severely that you kill a child is abhorrent.

I agree with your sentiment that no sport is worth losing your temper over.

The thread title states 'Angry football fan killed tot after goal'.

But that's not the case, and neither is it the case that he lost his temper over the fact that a goal had been scored against a team he was a 'fan' of.

He lost his temper because he lost his bet.

The real issue here is gambling, not sport.

The real issue here is gambling, not sport.

No..the real issue is that someone lost it regardless of sport, gambling, or baking cakes.

The country is littered with gamblers..they all don't go around killing toddlers.

No..the real issue is that someone lost it regardless of sport, gambling, or baking cakes.

The country is littered with gamblers..they all don't go around killing toddlers.

I totally agree with you - there's no doubting that this was a disturbed individual.

But the loss of the bet was the catalyst to his actions, not his anger at a teams sporting failures.

I totally agree with you - there's no doubting that this was a disturbed individual.

But the loss of the bet was the catalyst to his actions, not his anger at a teams sporting failures.

Yes, but if a man kills his wife with a bread knife you can't use kitchen cutlery or the availability as the catalyst.

The catalyst was his inability unlike most's ability to control their anger/rage/urge. It's a cop-out. The loss of the bet is irrelevant if you're in control. The same implication is used when women are abused because of the type of clothing they wear...clothing being the catalyst.

To state my feelings on this would see me banned. :rant:

Then ill do it for you.

I hope he gets raped in prison every single day.

On the day of his release i hope he discovers hes got cancer.

With any luck hell die in pain and agony, just like his daughter did.

---------- Post added 27-03-2013 at 10:51 ----------

Despicable, vile, horrid human being. 10 years isnt enough for him.

He broke the poor bairns ribs a week previously as well, so why oh why was he still allowed near the child?

Someone failed somewhere!!

Dont worry.

Im sure lessons will be learned.

Archived