Angry football fan killed tot after goal

Yes, but if a man kills his wife with a bread knife you can't use kitchen cutlery or the availability as the catalyst.

The catalyst was his inability unlike most's ability to control their anger/rage/urge. It's a cop-out. The loss of the bet is irrelevant if you're in control. The same implication is used when women are abused because of the type of clothing they wear...clothing being the catalyst.

I think you're wrong.

The cause of his anger was losing a bet.

Thereafter, his inability to control his anger caused his reaction.

But the point I am trying to make is relation to Medusa's comment of:

"The concept that any sport is worth losing your temper so severely that you kill a child is abhorrent."

It wasn't the sport that he lost his temper over, it was the loss of the bet.

as we dont hang killers today i think all babykillers should be castrated and women should be steralized. because they serve so little time in prison they should not be able to have more children.

I think you're wrong.

Irrelevant other than mitigation. Your argument would be no different if he lost it because he just ate Ice with an open tooth cavity..."yeah, ice cream here is the culprit"

his inability to control his anger caused his reaction.

If he had the ability to control his anger then the cause (gambling) is moot...but I've already mentioned that

Geared made the point. "I lost it but didn't strike out". Reason, he was in control of the bit that stops him from striking out.

I think you're wrong.

Thereafter, his inability to control his anger caused his reaction.

But the point I am trying to make is relation to Medusa's comment of:

"The concept that any sport is worth losing your temper so severely that you kill a child is abhorrent."

It wasn't the sport that he lost his temper over, it was the loss of the bet.

Very good post.:)

Irrelevant other than mitigation. Your argument would be no different if he lost it because he just ate Ice with an open tooth cavity..."yeah, ice cream here is the culprit"

If he had the ability to control his anger then the cause (gambling) is moot...but I've already mentioned that

Geared made the point. "I lost it but didn't strike out". Reason, he was in control of the bit that stops him from striking out.

You are missing my point.

Just as you in your example are not saying 'it's ice cream's fault' I'm not saying 'it's gambling's fault'.

The point I am raising is that it isn't football (or any other sports) fault either. The OP mentions 'football fan' and his reaction 'after goal'. Others state that you shouldn't react to sport in such a violent way.

It wasn't the sport that caused it his anger, it was the bet.

Goodness me ... Does it matter what caused it. :huh:

Whatever caused it, the scumbag killed a defenseless little baby.

Hope he gets what he deserves from the other inmates.

By implication if gambling didn't exist he wouldn't be a scumbag..apparently his poor sensitivities wouldn't have been stretched. On the other hand people like this could quite easily use any excuse for their feeble weaknesses. Rape and sexual assault being a prime example.

He's now also the victim of waging a bet...poor sod.

Archived