Angry football fan killed tot after goal

I think a couple of posters failed to grasp this concept.

As has been explained by skins. There is a timeline from the beginning to the death of the child. It's easy to pick something from that timeline and say "this was the "fault" as though him losing control at the end of the timeline played less of a part simply because a "point in time" has been chosen.

F sidebottom suggests the bet was the catalyst, how does he know that and what is the relevance other than to detract from the result.

the bet didnt cause him to hurt the child a week prior to the game he was watching so its irrelevant really, his temper and capacity to care for his own child is in question not what bet he made, sad isnt it

People might or might not be surprised to know that whenver it is the World Cup, cases of domestic violence rocket, an average of 25% according to the police.

I don't know whether alcohol consumption which also rises aroung the world cup is a factor, but clearly some sporting events certainly bring out the worst in some men :mad:

Wow did not know that - horrific. I imagine alcohol does play it's part but some of us clearly need reminding it's just a game.

Why was he allowed anywhere near the girl when he'd broken her ribs a week previous to this?

Most important question of all for me in this tragic case. Personally, I think the debate about catalytic factors is irrelevant but I can see that some posters are perhaps being misunderstood when they are simply trying to clear up circumstantial inaccuracy.

I'm not sure why you've singled me out on that unless you've misread me...I'm in agreement with your post.

And I'm in agreement with yours. However there is a question at the end of it which could keep the argument going, and I'd prefer it didn't.

And I'm in agreement with yours. However there is a question at the end of it which could keep the argument going, and I'd prefer it didn't.

I assure you it wasn't a question in the general sense it was more of an observation based on a timeline point F Sidebottom seemed to think as important as the result. You're right the argument could keep going on indefinably if we cherry pick from the timeline. At which point I will now bow out.

The man's actions were horrific and inexcusable, but to hope he will be 'raped in prison every day' is to sink to his level of emotional stuntedness, violence and insentient lack of humanity.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth...and the whole world goes blind.

The man's actions were horrific and inexcusable, but to hope he will be 'raped in prison every day' is to sink to his level of emotional stuntedness, violence and insentient lack of humanity.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth...and the whole world goes blind.

Well said.

Goodness me ... Does it matter what caused it. :huh:

Whatever caused it, the scumbag killed a defenseless little baby.

Hope he gets what he deserves from the other inmates.

Dont worry, he will do.

In prison "society", theres NOTHING worse than a child killer.

Archived