Angry football fan killed tot after goal

So, if retribution is so right, proper and important to you what does it actually mean to you?

Full of questions with no opinions you. :hihi:

Revenge, a means to make him feel the pain the tot did. Firstly torture, then a slow prolonged death, then quartered and fed to pigs. That's without giving it any deep thought, i'm sure i could come up with better if necessary.

Full of questions with no opinions you. :hihi:

Revenge, a means to make him feel the pain the tot did. Firstly torture, then a slow prolonged death, then quartered and fed to pigs. That's without giving it any deep thought, i'm sure i could come up with better if necessary.

Now you've changed from retribution to revenge.

The question remains - what would be the point of that?

Do you think all punishments should echo the crimes?

Should rapists be raped? Should dangerous drivers be run over? What would you do with insurance fraudsters? People who steal rare bird's eggs?

Is it not a goal of a just society that it strive to be better than its criminal element?

Now you've changed from retribution to revenge.

Revenge is part of the definition.

The question remains - what would be the point of that?

Seeing real justice done.

Do you think all punishments should echo the crimes?

Most certainly, mitigating factors taken into account

Should rapists be raped?

In an ideal world certainly

People who steal rare bird's eggs?

Take away their most cherished possessions. I know taking away their children would be the eye for an eye punishment but that impacts the innocent kids.

Revenge is part of the definition.

What definition? You haven't offered one yet?

Seeing real justice done.

What is unreal about the justice system as it stands?

Most certainly, mitigating factors taken into account

If you apply mitigating factors then, by definition, the punishments will not echo the crimes will they?

In an ideal world certainly

What an odd sense of idealism you have - it seems to include a great deal of state-sponsored violence.

Take away their most cherished possessions. I know taking away their children would be the eye for an eye punishment but that impacts the innocent kids.

Already your model is falling apart then isn't it? If you cannot replicate the crimes for all to feel the pain of their own criminal activity then how do you justify only doing it for some?

I'll ask again as you just ignored it last time. Should a just society not strive to be better than its criminal element?

How do you feel about some of the barbaric justice handed out by extremist regimes and organisations? Are beheadings and amputations things you would welcome into UK society?

Archived