Newborn baby locked in a car

No its not, not in this country.

im not talking about this country, i said in the OP it was in new zealand, and according to the article it IS illegal there, to leave a child under 14 alone for an unreasonable time or in unreasonable conditions, so i think a newborn locked in a car is unreasonable, and if you dont then im sorry to say i think you're just as silly as she is

---------- Post added 26-03-2013 at 21:59 ----------

You might be advised, but its not illegal, neglect is.

surely locking a newborn in a car is neglect

im not talking about this country, i said in the OP it was in new zealand, and according to the article it IS illegal there, to leave a child under 14 alone for an unreasonable time or in unreasonable conditions, so i think a newborn locked in a car is unreasonable, and if you dont then im sorry to say i think you're just as silly as she is

---------- Post added 26-03-2013 at 21:59 ----------

surely locking a newborn in a car is neglect

Babies are left unattended within the home,but because this undetected no aspersions are cast.Have those people pillorying this naive Kiwi never left their child unattended in the home?

Babies are left unattended within the home,but because this undetected no aspersions are cast.Have those people pillorying this naive Kiwi never left their child unattended in the home?

no i never left my children home alone, untill they were old enough to do so, and if this child had been left at home alone rather than the car it makes no difference, its still illegal and stupid to leave a child alone

---------- Post added 26-03-2013 at 22:07 ----------

I do not think it should be illegal, dont you remember when people used to leave their babies outside of shops, in the pram?

yes i do remember, a long time ago though wasnt it, i doubt many would chance it nowadays, i certainly wouldnt

no i never left my children home alone, untill they were old enough to do so,

I am sure we all leave them on their own, in the next room, or upstairs; is leaving them in the car really that much different?

no i never left my children home alone, untill they were old enough to do so, and if this child had been left at home alone rather than the car it makes no difference, its still illegal and stupid to leave a child alone

I think the previous poster was referring to being in a seperate room to the child. The child is not 'attended' 24/7, even with monitors. Occasionally they are left unattended. before you have a rant at me, I'm not saying I agree or disagree with what was said.

Apologies if I misunderstand.

I am sure we all leave them on their own, in the next room, or upstairs; is leaving them in the car really that much different?

i cant argue with stupid , doesnt seem much point

---------- Post added 26-03-2013 at 22:13 ----------

I think the previous poster was referring to being in a seperate room to the child. The child is not 'attended' 24/7, even with monitors. Occasionally they are left unattended. before you have a rant at me, I'm not saying I agree or disagree with what was said.

Apologies if I misunderstand.

yes i agree but this is vastly different popping into another room for a few seconds when you can still hear the child if not see them than leaving them in a car for god knows how long to go shopping, it really isnt the same thing

Archived