Newborn baby locked in a car

I read the news item, but did it actually say how long the mother was gone? Five minutes ok, 30 minutes not?

i dont think any length of time is ok, the child was in a public place and other people showed concern for him, im frankly gobsmacked you dont think its a wrong thing to do

i dont think any length of time is ok, the child was in a public place and other people showed concern for him, im frankly gobsmacked you dont think its a wrong thing to do

Its not a good thing, but if you work and have children, the best time to not be there is when they are sleeping. Smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, two way baby monitors, where do you stop?

Of course when they get older, leaving them on their own allows them to learn. When I was 2-16, my dad worked over 40 hours per week; I am sure that we were left on our own, no mum around.

For information.

Moderators aren't supposed to take part in threads they've already moderated and nor are they supposed to moderate threads they have already taken part in, so Mort won't be able to answer you.

We aren't supposed to discuss moderation in threads either, but you might think you were being ignored if that wasn't explained.

Speaking personally, I don't think children should be left in such a manner and I'm very surprised that the police didn't press some charge against her, I don't know what NZ laws would apply but something with reckless endangerment or abandoning an infant in it would do.

I do not think it is acceptable to leave a tiny baby alone in the car to do some shopping. Babies are very prone to being sick etc which could cause massive problems.

I will leave my children (youngest is nearly 3 now) in the car on garage forecourt while I pay for fuel, I won't leave them in house while I go to corner shop even though it is perfectly legal for me to do so.

Yes, maybe she was a tired new mum but a lot of us have been there and not left our children unattended. Maybe mum needs some help coping.

If the people there were so horrified though they should have alerted the authorities and shop staff.

I think I seem to contradict myself in my post but there could be issues that we are not aware of so passing judgement is a little unfair.

For information.

Moderators aren't supposed to take part in threads they've already moderated and nor are they supposed to moderate threads they have already taken part in, so Mort won't be able to answer you.

We aren't supposed to discuss moderation in threads either, but you might think you were being ignored if that wasn't explained.

Speaking personally, I don't think children should be left in such a manner and I'm very surprised that the police didn't press some charge against her, I don't know what NZ laws would apply but something with reckless endangerment or abandoning an infant in it would do.

im surprised too esme, the whole thing is shocking to me *shakes head*

For information.

According to the articles they dont know who she is, as no-one actually reported her.

Archived