PM 'ing negative feedback

I've been chatting recently with one or two SF members who i have employed for their trade skills.Discussion always turns to the forum,it's benefits,finding work via the forum,rogue traders,shoddy work etc.

Obviously we can recommend on the "recommend thread" but we can't give negative feedback on any open threads.Which does make it difficult for injured parties to warn others and easy for poor workmen to avoid being discovered.

So the question is - does anyone send negative feedback by pm?

I ask this not as moderator but as a victim.

A victim of poor service?

Yes and no.

I've had tradesmen not turn up to do work,not arrive to submit quotes or evaluate the job i've also had the odd one or two provide a service I was not entirely happy with - after the tidying has been done and scrutinised.

The unhappy jobs aren't things that can really be resolved either and sometimes that i just personal objectivity.

These are guys who regularly tout for trade on here - some have even pm'd me when i've reposted for the same work following a let done by themselves.

What would you suggest as a workable solution to this?

Perhaps SF is more concerned with covering it's own ass, than it is with looking out for the interests of it's users?

I wouldn't blame them to be honest, I'd do the same.

I guess there is as many dodgy ar at least incompetent tradesmen touting for work on here than any other resource (newspaper classifieds etc).

I had a guy (electrician supposedly) recommended by a few on here fit a new shower and within a month my main fusebox had burnt out and i had to get an emergency electrician out who said he'd bodged it. lovely guy though!

Well as long as he was lovely, that's the main thing.

tbh i haven't met an unpleasant one yet, i've employed the odd one that the neighbours wouldn't want calling by after dark. :hihi: but that's more to do with the media hype and stereotypes than reality.

i once asked someone how much you had quoted to sort them a will out,the pm'd me with my answer and told me i could get it done at HSBC cheaper...they were right and i got it done there as HSBC just happened to be my bank and local to me.

Archived