Venting: People are so Rude!

Yes but they dont seem as spiteful and vindictive as Sheffield people.

Believe me, spiteful and vindictive are everywhere. You can also add clueless, inconsiderate and just plain crazy.

When we were looking for a good used car for our youngest, I've never run into so many flaky people in my life. You call, arrange to meet, and they never show up. Or show up late. One guy showed up WITHOUT THE CAR. Said his wife had taken it shopping.

The man we eventually bought a car from was so pleased we actually had the money and didn't jerk him around, he paid for the smog and a year's registration.

Believe me, spiteful and vindictive are everywhere. You can also add clueless, inconsiderate and just plain crazy.

When we were looking for a good used car for our youngest, I've never run into so many flaky people in my life. You call, arrange to meet, and they never show up. Or show up late. One guy showed up WITHOUT THE CAR. Said his wife had taken it shopping.

The man we eventually bought a car from was so pleased we actually had the money and didn't jerk him around, he paid for the smog and a year's registration.

What do you mean,:confused: do people drive the cars to meet you somewhere or do you go to the house where the owner lives:confused:

If I was selling a car I wouldn't meet anyone anywhere else than my house,I wouldn't feel safe.

what's smog and registration:confused: am I missing something

• 3 weeks later...
What do you mean,:confused: do people drive the cars to meet you somewhere or do you go to the house where the owner lives:confused:

If I was selling a car I wouldn't meet anyone anywhere else than my house,I wouldn't feel safe.

what's smog and registration:confused: am I missing something

Yes i was wondering that too :hihi:

It's an inspection certificate (smog)...something to do with emissions I gather...and the registration is equivalent to our car tax I think.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm

EDIT: I believe the poster referring to this is in the 'states'

Archived