For those people who drive everywhere at 20mph

The trouble with slow drivers isnt the speed alone.They tend not to be able to hold a steady speed and brake at every lampost like they are doing some sort of morse code.They stop when theres no need to stop and make following them unpredictable and worse they tend to have the worst attitudes towards other drivers and you can see that from this thread.

What gets me is had they drove the same way on their test they would have failed yet they sit there with their bad attitudes thinking thay are the ones that are the good drivers who are safer than everyone else its far from the case and thats why they would have failed their tests for the same sub standard driving.

Its time all drivers were retested on a 10 year cycle and graded then these numpties can be reminded of their poor driving standards every year when they renew their insurance,on a provisional!!

Perhaps the people driving slowly have been done for speeding?

In the past I used to drive to the conditions and rarely had any problems, but last year I got caught driving at 35mph on the A61. It cost me £85 pounds and I had to attend a speed awareness course.

Now I drive exactly to the limit, so tend to spend most of the time watching the speedometer when driving. As a consequence I often have a queue of cars behind me, and on A roads where the limit is 50mph I refuse to go any faster and so I have cars forever overtaking me near bends.

I'm often getting hand gestures aimed at me for driving slowly/people overtaking me in 30mph zones and on one occasion an angry driver got out of their car I think with the intention of "asking me to drive a little faster please".

All these problems I never had simply because I used to drive to the conditions of the road. Past a school, slow down, if the road is clear put your foot down, on a straight A road i would often drive at 70mph, these days I never go above 50mph (if signs are there).

Perhaps these slow coaches are victims of the speeding gestapo?

Then when your £85 lighter and your imsurance premiums are going up it sure changes your driving habits

---------- Post added 28-03-2013 at 09:55 ----------

The trouble with slow drivers isnt the speed alone.They tend not to be able to hold a steady speed and brake at every lampost like they are doing some sort of morse code.They stop when theres no need to stop and make following them unpredictable and worse they tend to have the worst attitudes towards other drivers and you can see that from this thread.

What gets me is had they drove the same way on their test they would have failed yet they sit there with their bad attitudes thinking thay are the ones that are the good drivers who are safer than everyone else its far from the case and thats why they would have failed their tests for the same sub standard driving.

Its time all drivers were retested on a 10 year cycle and graded then these numpties can be reminded of their poor driving standards every year when they renew their insurance,on a provisional!!

I think your attitude would change if you got caught speeding.

Unless of course you are happy to pay through the nose for motoring ?

If you cant drive to a desent standard without breaking the law then you should really get some more driving lessons.

There is no law that says you have to take half hour to get up to speed or to break every few feet and keep slowing down then i would look at why.

i often see people coming onto motorways at below 30 mph not accelerating untill they have crossed the white lines into the lanes from the slip road yet the slip roads are the same speed limits as the motorways.

The real problem is many drivers are just crap and will use every excuse under the sun but admit it.

---------- Post added 28-03-2013 at 10:03 ----------

Perhaps the people driving slowly have been done for speeding?

In the past I used to drive to the conditions and rarely had any problems, but last year I got caught driving at 35mph on the A61. It cost me £85 pounds and I had to attend a speed awareness course.

Now I drive exactly to the limit, so tend to spend most of the time watching the speedometer when driving. As a consequence I often have a queue of cars behind me, and on A roads where the limit is 50mph I refuse to go any faster and so I have cars forever overtaking me near bends.

I'm often getting hand gestures aimed at me for driving slowly/people overtaking me in 30mph zones and on one occasion an angry driver got out of their car I think with the intention of "asking me to drive a little faster please".

All these problems I never had simply because I used to drive to the conditions of the road. Past a school, slow down, if the road is clear put your foot down, on a straight A road i would often drive at 70mph, these days I never go above 50mph (if signs are there).

Perhaps these slow coaches are victims of the speeding gestapo?

Then when your £85 lighter and your imsurance premiums are going up it sure changes your driving habits

---------- Post added 28-03-2013 at 09:55 ----------

I think your attitude would change if you got caught speeding.

Unless of course you are happy to pay through the nose for motoring ?

I drive about 100,000 miles a year without ques forming behind me and have no points.

I drive about 100,000 miles a year without ques forming behind me and have no points.[/QUOTE]

I drove for over 20 years without queus behind me and didn't have any points.

You been lucky, it only takes one speed camera or one person in a speed van to change the way you drive.

Unless of course you can earn a living without a car? I know I couldn't so I changed.

Am I a better driver? no Am I a more dangerous driver? Yes, because I probably annoy other users whch I never used to.

I drive about 100,000 miles a year without ques forming behind me and have no points.[/QUOTE]

I drove for over 20 years without queus behind me and didn't have any points.

You been lucky, it only takes one speed camera or one person in a speed van to change the way you drive.

Unless of course you can earn a living without a car? I know I couldn't so I changed.

Am I a better driver? no Am I a more dangerous driver? Yes, because I probably annoy other users whch I never used to.

No mate,having no accidents and no points isnt luck.Luck is what crap drivers use as an excuse!

If a car was doing 30mph on a road you were joining would you pull out if it was 20 or 30 yards away?

A road isn't a roundabout-you slow down on a roundabout and presumably a faster road will have a bigger roundabout so they aren't comparable. I never have trouble with trees on a roundabout. I find no trees more distracting actually.

Would you please do all us normal drivers a favour and every once a while, look in your rear view mirror, and if you see a mile long queue behind you, try and push toward 25mph or so as most of us don't have forever and a day to get from A to B.

Thank you in advance.

When the speed limit is 30, 50,or 70, and someone is driving 10 mph below these limits they need nicking because they are impeding traffic, if you did this on a test you WOULD certainly fail. FACT!:roll:

A road isn't a roundabout-you slow down on a roundabout and presumably a faster road will have a bigger roundabout so they aren't comparable. I never have trouble with trees on a roundabout. I find no trees more distracting actually.

So your answer to my question is no?

Archived