For those people who drive everywhere at 20mph

Last week I was stopped in a side road, in town, waiting to turn right onto the main road and my exit was clear.

A cyclist who looked about 18 was coming from my left, loads of time to turn and I started to move out, no soon had I done so he pulls over to the middle of the road and signals right.

Quick stop and he turns into the side road and gives me a look.

These coppers look younger each day:gag:

I can drive much slower than 20. Even in a 50 zone.

It all depends on weather or not someone is trying to merge the front of their car with the back of mine in order to shave 2 seconds of their oh so important journey,

I carry the kids in the car and it gets my goat when im doing 30 in a 30 and yet someone is less than 2 feet from my rear bumper.

So i slow down till they get the message!

I do this too. I HATE people driving bumper to bumper. Especially as I'm not a slow driver. I always drive on the limit; 30 in a 30, 40 in a 40 etc.

I like to slow to about 15/20, then pull away. If they end up up my backside again, I slow to 15 and don't speed up......unless they try and overtake me.

---------- Post added 28-03-2013 at 12:29 ----------

if someone is close to my rear end and they hit me its their fault.

if someone is irritated by my driving and get so wound up they overtake unsafely its their fault.

if my driving at a speed that I consider approproate winds anyone up then thats their fault.

i see some attrocious driving most days and most of it is from impatient people.

chill out. leave a few minutes earlier. get there alive.

All of what you are saying is true. But you do realise that driving excessively slow, is just as dangerous as driving fast. You should drive to the limit, unless their is a need for you to go slower, i.e a reduced clearance or you are in a very urban area with narrow roads, like an average housing estate.

If you are on a busy A or B road with no traffic & you decide that you are going to drive at 20mph, you will cause an accident at some point.

I do this too. I HATE people driving bumper to bumper. Especially as I'm not a slow driver. I always drive on the limit; 30 in a 30, 40 in a 40 etc.

I like to slow to about 15/20, then pull away. If they end up up my backside again, I slow to 15 and don't speed up......unless they try and overtake me.

so you accelerate as they try to pass you?

Exactly my point!! I wonder when you will stop doing it,before or after you have killed someone because youve had a bad day?

so you accelerate as they try to pass you?

Exactly my point!! I wonder when you will stop doing it,before or after you have killed someone because youve had a bad day?

............don't get your point?! Who's had a bad day??

............don't get your point?! Who's had a bad day??

the point is you admit to driving very dangerously when it suits you just because you feel like it.I guess you will keep doing it until you end up in jail with someone dead.

People like you are the real problem on our roads!

your speedo is fast as is most of them so when you think your doing 50 your probably only doing a true 45/46.

How does braking avoid a collision if someone is too close to your rear end?It doesnt and bad attitude ups the risks massivily but you already know that as its obviously something you paractice often.

If im doing 30 and someone is 2ft off my arse and i have to brake suddenly, then hes going to hit me and more importantly my kids may get hurt.

If im only doing 10 or 11mph and hes 2ft off my bumper, should i slam my brakes on he will A, possibly stop in time or B,Wont cause much damage to car and kids if he cant stop in time.

As soon as the driver is a proper and safe distance from my bumper will i then resume a higher speed and hell get where hes going a lot faster.

---------- Post added 28-03-2013 at 13:04 ----------

Personally i think thats the best way to handle them.

Spot on mate.

---------- Post added 28-03-2013 at 13:05 ----------

the point is you admit to driving very dangerously when it suits you just because you feel like it.I guess you will keep doing it until you end up in jail with someone dead.

People like you are the real problem on our roads!

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

You got that from what he posted?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

So if someone wants to overtake you think it's a good idea to accelerate and stop them..?

Well done for ignoring the rest of that posters point and focussing on an obvious bit of humour.

I doubt very much he or she meant it literally thats why i had no problem quoting it.

The part i agree on is the first bit, slowing down then resuming a normal speed to see what the tailgater does. If hes on your backside again at normal speed then slowing down as to avoid injury in a collision is the best option by far.

Well done for ignoring the rest of that posters point and focussing on an obvious bit of humour.

I doubt very much he or she meant it literally thats why i had no problem quoting it.

The part i agree on is the first bit, slowing down then resuming a normal speed to see what the tailgater does. If hes on your backside again at normal speed then slowing down as to avoid injury in a collision is the best option by far.

I didn't ignore anything..what bit of humour did I miss?Bonzo said he slowed down and if the tailgaters tried to overtake he sped up..you agreed with him..is that the bit that supposed to be funny?

Archived