For those people who drive everywhere at 20mph

So in that case you get to stay behind an learn the art of patience

Which goes back to the OP doesn't it.

They shouldn't be driving inappropriately slowly, they cause frustration and waste time.

If someone can't drive at close to the speed limit when conditions allow then they need retraining or to stop driving.

Worst bit is Woolley wood bottom ( runs side of M1 jk34-35 northbound ), the road is clearly marked national speed (60) with big signs and repeaters but folk still toddle on there at 20mph.

I don't mind a wind down from fast roads from doing an hours drive at +60mph (a1-m1) but 20mph on a 60 is downright stupid !

Also like to add

I've found no matter your speed you still hold people up even if yourself is speeding. I've overtaken vehicles plus 80mph only to be overtaken by a dozen vehicles making my 80 look like 30 !!!!! It's usually women in people carriers with kids in that's the scary thing too ! They seem scared to drive on an open road and toddle along, they require to be up someone's backside and sit there about 3ft away and I don't think they know any different.

I don't know how people can drive like that honestly. I'd rather sit cruse control on @65mph on a1 rather than hopping from someone's backend to another.

how am I putting myself in danger?

It's dangerous trust me.

If your on a national speed road single track and your doing say 25mph and a car is legally doing 60mph and suddenly meets you in the back end. The stopping time for that car to bring himself to meet your 25 maybe enough to cause an accident.

It's dangerous trust me.

If your on a national speed road single track and your doing say 25mph and a car is legally doing 60mph and suddenly meets you in the back end. The stopping time for that car to bring himself to meet your 25 maybe enough to cause an accident.

thats a third party influence - not my actions, try again.

Just nipping out to make a few journeys around town now, and then to Chesterfield and back. I wonder how many 20mph drivers I'll encounter? Should be "several" I guess.

Well I put about 150 miles on the clock yesterday and I didn't see a single car driving at 20mph, as I hardly ever do unless there is a valid reason.

In fact the road ahead was always clear, with the only noticeable traffic queuing up behind me for some reason. :)

Joking aside, I only contributed to this thread because the suggestion that there are numerous people who drive their cars at 20mph on 40mph roads for no reason is nonsense. It's either an understandable exaggeration from somebody who has just been stuck behind such a driver, or a claim of arrogance from somebody who thinks everybody is too slow.

I see the discussion has moved on to slow driving in general, something that I do observe, but not something I'm particularly interested in discussing myself.

:wave:

If you really believe this, that the slower driver is at fault when its actually the inability of an impatient driver behind to just relax a little and wait for a safe moment to pass then your a fool Eastwood141

worse than that your a dangerous fool who should have to resit his driving test.

Old Skater stick to your SKATES.:hihi: Only FOOLS rush in where Angels fear to tread.:hihi: can you lot read properly, the only thing I'm saying is people dordling along below the given speed limit when there is no need can frustrate people driving behind and and temp them to take silly chances, if I was behind someone messing about driving at snail pace, I would flash them and give them a blast of the hooter and tell em to shift. there you go! advice from the oldest boy racer in town.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived