For those people who drive everywhere at 20mph

We went to skeggy few years ago via the old way back of Lincoln to the toll bridge. We were following a jaguar car and boy oh boy was that an experience. The road is 60mph up to Durham bridge when it drops to 30mph. Well he was going 30 all the way and at the corners doing 10mph. When the road said slow ( you know the painted SLOW on the road ) he put his brakes on full !!

So we gets up to Durham and we meet the 30mph sign , at this point I'd coast the car and gently slow to 30. Well this joker by this time was doing 50 and to the millimetre on the sign he braked and stopped then set off back off at 30 !!!

I nearly nearly rear ended him and swerved into the other lane to avoid an collision.

I got to the toll booth, threw the 60p at the man in the cab office and flawed the car past this idiot in the jag. Swear to god he was making me wanting to pull over and cry because it was such a scary drive behind him, so unpredictable.

hello eric :wave:

While you may be correct for observing that many people would fail their test for many of the criteria mentioned above, it does not deter from the fact that failure to maintain good progress is a criteria of its own within the test.

If someone 'passes' all of the above criteria but fails to pass the criteria of maintaining good progress, it still remains a 'fail' under the criteria of maintaining good progress and no matter how good one 'scores' under the above criteria, failure to maintain good progress is still a relevant 'fail' as would be any failure to adhere to the above mentioned criteria.

The driving test standard requires a 'pass' in all of the required criteria as mentioned above. Just because somebody excels in one criteria does not permit them to fail in another.

The least of your concerns is not the issue but the issue of the driving standards agency. They deem what is acceptable and what is not. Failure to maintain good progress is a relevant issue and not one for you to dispute.

Relevant indeed but not particularly a big deal in the grand scheme/big picture.

My point was that there's far more poor driving out there that would register a slash on the DL25 than "failing to make reasonable progress" and "undue caution"

Oh, I forgot two more full licence-holder driving sins far more prevalent than inappropriately slow progress that earn the displeasure of DSA examiners: driving too close to the vehicle ahead and bullying other road users in meeting situations.

Anyone for a thread on these?

Old Skater stick to your SKATES.:hihi: Only FOOLS rush in where Angels fear to tread.:hihi: can you lot read properly, the only thing I'm saying is people dordling along below the given speed limit when there is no need can frustrate people driving behind and and temp them to take silly chances, if I was behind someone messing about driving at snail pace, I would flash them and give them a blast of the hooter and tell em to shift. there you go! advice from the oldest boy racer in town.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

If you told me to 'shift it' doing inbetween 25-30 in a 30 id tell you to .... ...! you sound an utter idiot of a driver and an arrogant one. If you overtook me and caused an accident because i was doing 5mph and 1mph under the speedlimit YOU would be an impatient git and YOU and only YOU would have caused it!!!

Haha! I would like to say both parties are to blame, but the initial culprit is the one going to slow, but I suppose in a court of law the overtaker would get the blame, but I still say keep up to speed to avoid any chancers taking silly risk.

Yep no excuse for driving too slow but if it does happen you have to suck it up and just drive behind them keeping a safe breaking distance and all that business! Tis annoying though! Worst is when people speed up and slow down for no reason! Now thats dangerous! One minute doing 30 then all of a sudden doing 20!

Yep no excuse for driving too slow but if it does happen you have to suck it up and just drive behind them keeping a safe breaking distance and all that business! Tis annoying though! Worst is when people speed up and slow down for no reason! Now thats dangerous! One minute doing 30 then all of a sudden doing 20!

I totally agree on both points you have just made I was messing about earlier when I said I would hit the hooter or flash, I would just tolerate the slow driver in front because common sense prevails. It's nice getting from A to B safely and a real plus, staying alive.:hihi:

Unisol.

you have the right to drive as you wish (within the law)

others have the right to drive as they wish. (again within the law)

i drive daily over the snake to manchester and i see all the ranges of behavious. from people driving WAY to fast to people who crawl along and are scared of sheep.

i know one thing for sure. the crawlers wont have an accident and kill anyone!

NO but they are usually the ones that cause accidents BY driving too slow constantly with no thought to others on the road, HOG comes to mind, puts me in mind of the certain people who sit in the middle lane on the motor ways doing 60 mph, are they careful drivers or just oblivious to other users on the road i'd call it dangerous.

Someone who drives slowly or in the middle lane or whatever isn't the cause but they could be classed as a catalyst to an accident.

A person who overtakes into oncoming traffic because they were impatient owing to someone driving slowly is to blame. They didn't ensure that it was safe to overtake. If it wasn't for the slow driver then, yes, they wouldn't have had an accident at that point in time but - at some point the impatient driver will have an accident if they continue to overtake dangerously.

Archived