For those people who drive everywhere at 20mph

Just taken my son to the Station .I was traveling at 22 miles per hour so goodness knows what the Moron was doing in front of me . This was on Penistone rd as well so as you can imagine on a Saturday afternoon massive tailback . When I finally got the chance to over take I expected to see a little old lady at the wheel ,no a man in his thirties .:loopy:

Are you sure 22mph was not an exaggeration? I regularly drive on Penistone road at 30 and everybody thunders past me like it's a 40 limit! One bloke was even flashing his lights, tailgating me and beeping his horn when I was doing 30!

I don't think some people realise it's a 30 limit!

Are you sure 22mph was not an exaggeration? I regularly drive on Penistone road at 30 and everybody thunders past me like it's a 40 limit! One bloke was even flashing his lights, tailgating me and beeping his horn when I was doing 30!

As far as I am concerned, if I'm on a dual carriage way and in the right side lane, and someone wants to go faster than me..... I will gladly go into the next lane so they can overtake.

I've never had anyone flashing their lights and tailgating because I'd be out their way before they can.

Some people dont realise their speedos are fast!

A car pulled out at the top of Bracken Hill, in front of me, one day last week and proceeded to drive at exactly 30 mph (by my speedo, so more like 27/28 mph) on the A61 towards Sheffield. (It was a Jazz. I wonder if they have cruise control, as the speed was very constant). The conditions were good, and not much traffic. It felt really slow on that stretch of road (now 50, but not so long since it was NSL).

As it happens, I was able to easily overtake on the straight towards Grenoside, near the average speed cameras, and I wasn’t particularly inconvenienced.

Generally I’m not much bothered by people driving slow, as i’m fairly laid back and don’t turn into Mr Angry, but I still notice it when it happens so obviously.

As far as I am concerned, if I'm on a dual carriage way and in the right side lane, and someone wants to go faster than me..... I will gladly go into the next lane so they can overtake.

I've never had anyone flashing their lights and tailgating because I'd be out their way before they can.

I was in left hand lane! He was just being an idiot! I'm a firm believer in on a dial carriageway as well that someone can be an idiot and go as fast as they like in outside lane but no this fella took offence to the fact that I was obeying the speed limit!

---------- Post added 11-04-2013 at 13:19 ----------

Some people dont realise their speedos are fast!

I always do just over 30 by my speedo so I know it's actually 30!

I was in left hand lane! He was just being an idiot! I'm a firm believer in on a dial carriageway as well that someone can be an idiot and go as fast as they like in outside lane but no this fella took offence to the fact that I was obeying the speed limit!!

Well.... What can be said about that?

Very bizarre behaviour.

Archived