For those people who drive everywhere at 20mph

They can stop and question all they want. Unless a law has been broken they can do sod all about it.

They could be had for careless driving tho.

Careless, and inconsiderate, driving.

If a person drives a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road or other public place without due care and attention, or without reasonable consideration for other persons using the road or place, he is guilty of an offence.”

Based on this logic, is it ok for them to completely block a road because they want to?

That isn't my logic though, because I didn't say that.

Blocking a road would be an obstruction, which would be an offence.

I get annoyed at slow drivers, I do. I don't like them. Then I breathe, relax, remember that they're not breaking the law and they're not hurting anyone, and if I'm late that is my fault.

Would people set a Required Speed Limit? If it says 30mph then maybe a RSL of 25?

What bothers me the most are these screens they install at roundabouts, preventing you from looking to see if its clear and to get onto the roundabout without stopping.

Is as though they're put there to impede the flow of traffic isn't it..it's the same with the roundabouts with what can only be described as nature reserves in the middle of them..you can only see partway round them..no good for safety..

To make matters worse I usually find (as I'm driving up to the line in my little hatchback in the middle lane) that someone in a massive 4x4 or a panel van decides to pull halfway into the roundabout in the right hand lane even though they're sitting high enough to see fine from where the line is.

Unisol.

you have the right to drive as you wish (within the law)

others have the right to drive as they wish. (again within the law)

i drive daily over the snake to manchester and i see all the ranges of behavious. from people driving WAY to fast to people who crawl along and are scared of sheep.

i know one thing for sure. the crawlers wont have an accident and kill anyone!

but they could have indirectly caused road deaths by frustrating somebody into overtaking and hitting an innocent motorist coming the other way. Of course they will probably be oblivious to it and just tootle on at 25

People will do that out of any junction, not just roundabouts.

It's like a slalom sometimes.

My other personal favorite is the ones who need to approach the junction at speed and stop really quickly - just enough to make the driver on the main road think "they've not seen me, they're not going to stop!"

but they could have indirectly caused road deaths by frustrating somebody into overtaking and hitting an innocent motorist

A person can't be responsible by proxy. The fault there lies with the person who overtook badly and caused an accident.

He could have overtaken at a safe place and been on his way without anyone dead.

That isn't my logic though, because I didn't say that.

Blocking a road would be an obstruction, which would be an offence.

I get annoyed at slow drivers, I do. I don't like them. Then I breathe, relax, remember that they're not breaking the law and they're not hurting anyone, and if I'm late that is my fault.

Would people set a Required Speed Limit? If it says 30mph then maybe a RSL of 25?

But it is your logic.

You are excusing peoples unreasonable behaviour based on the fact that 'they want to' behave that way.

The same applies if someone wanted to unseasonably block the road 'because they wanted to'.

The 'I'll drive as slow as I like because I want to' without any consideration for anyone is pure arrogance.

Archived