For those people who drive everywhere at 20mph

lil minx your arguement is the same as saying anyone who leaves their window open deserves to be burgled.

if someone decides to do something dangerous then its their own fault. no one elses.

if someone decides they are so wound up on the snake that they overtake on a blind bend are you suggesting it's the fault of the slow driver in front?

---------- Post added 27-03-2013 at 15:59 ----------

f sidebottom

i will reword it all

i will drive a the speed i find appropriate for the conditions, the weather and my passengers/cargo/self

if anyone else behind me finds the speed i am driving at then they can honestly do one.

lil minx your arguement is the same as saying anyone who leaves their window open deserves to be burgled.

if someone decides to do something dangerous then its their own fault. no one elses.

if someone decides they are so wound up on the snake that they overtake on a blind bend are you suggesting it's the fault of the slow driver in front?

f sidebottom

i will reword it all

i will drive a the speed i find appropriate for the conditions, the weather and my passengers/cargo/self

if anyone else behind me finds the speed i am driving at then they can honestly do one.

I bet you've got a caravan as well :)

But it is your logic.

Driving slow is not an offence.

Stopping the car on a road is not an offence.

Obstructing the road is an offence.

Thus, if they want to drive slow, or if they want to stop the car, they can choose to do so.

You are excusing peoples unreasonable behaviour based on the fact that 'they want to' behave that way.

No, I'm justifying driving slow. :)

The same applies if someone wanted to unseasonably block the road 'because they wanted to'.

No it doesn't, because that would be an offence.

Don't get angry at me, I didn't make the law. I'm just explaining it to you. If I don't feel happy driving at 70mph on a busy country road - I don't have to. I can choose to go slower. :)

f sidebottom

i will reword it all

I don't dispute that you should drive appropriately for the conditions etc.

But what I find arrogant is when people do that to suit themselves, and don't consider those driving behind who can go faster, and don't pull over (as the highway code says you should) to allow others to pass.

If you want/need to drive slow, fine. But don't be so arrogant to impose your resrtictions on everyone else that doesn't need to.

Thus, if they want to drive slow, or if they want to stop the car, they can choose to do so.

Don't get angry at me, I didn't make the law. I'm just explaining it to you. If I don't feel happy driving at 70mph on a busy country road - I don't have to. I can choose to go slower. :)

If you stop on the road you are obstructing it surely?

I'll repeat my first question then.

Is it ok for me to drive everywhere at 5 mph, causing huge tailbacks?

If you stop on the road you are obstructing it surely?

It depends upon the reason, surely. If it's because one has just chosen to park up in the middle of a dual carriage way - yes. If it's because your passenger is having a fit, I'm sure the law will forgive.

Not directly.

But i'd certainly consider it a contributing factor.

If we assume for a second that 1% of drivers are morons and you slow down 100 people - its a fair bet one of them will do something stupid and try and overtake a bunch of cars.

I've been behind someone going slow on the snake a loads of times and as a sensible driver (I feel!) decided to grit my teeth and put up with it because there wasn't anywhere safe to pass. Plenty of times an idiot from further down the pack has tried to do a really insane thing that has endangered me.

Now I get pretty ****** off at those idiots, but I save a bit of resentment for the guy that forced the idiot to make his move too.

f sidebottom

i will reword it all

What's arrogant about it?

"I'm driving at a speed I feel comfortable with, and if other people have a problem then that is not my fault."

Exactly.

Why do people assume that they are at the centre of some Truman Show type universe centred around them, and the only reason somebody might be driving slowly is to irritate them.

I wonder if these people think the same about slow moving people on the pavement too?

Granted, if somebody drives purposely slowly to irritate others then they are being nobs, but I always assume that they are driving at the speed they are comfortable with and chill.

I know what it's like though, sometimes I've got to work 45 seconds later than I should because of 20 mph drivers. I've spend many a 5 mins or so moaning about such drivers. :hihi:

Archived