For those people who drive everywhere at 20mph

So you'd happily drive round at 6mph behind someone who decided to drive at that speed 'because they wanted to' and not consider them arrogant for imposing that on you without considering your road usage and allowing for it?

No.

I'd overtake them at a safe spot.

Am I missing some important point here? Who drives around at 5mph? Brum wasn't a documentary.

---------- Post added 27-03-2013 at 16:27 ----------

Annoying? In that somebody else would affect your mood?

They've caused me to magically wave my arms in the air and shout "drive you tit!! Drive" - all beyond my control.

:)

No.

Am I missing some important point here? Who drives around at 5mph? Brum wasn't a documentary.

They've caused me to magically wave my arms in the air and shout "drive you tit!! Drive" - all beyond my control.

:hihi::hihi:

Not possible really because it would not take into account the road or conditions.

Clearly tho with the responses on here there is a good argument for regular re-testing of drivers.

You can fail your test for driving too slow as well.

I know because I got a minor for doing it.

Sensible debate back on track.

Would people suggest a Required Speed Limit?

It should be illegal to drive too slow?

All depends on conditions doesn't it....if there was snow on the ground you'd have to have some way of changing the "RSL".. I have no issue at all to people driving to the road conditions..

No.

With that comment you assume it's always safe to overtake.

It isn't.

And overtaking causes many accidents, regardless of the speed.

You've admitted slow moving drivers have the potential to annoy you, regardless of the fact that we've been unable to ascertain the threshold of annoyance (:hihi:). But the principal is there. Why do they annoy you, because in your opinion they aren't doing anything wrong? I on the other-hand have said they annoy me because they impose themselves on me out of choice without any consideration for other road users. If they had to drive slow, and stopped periodically to allow faster traffic (within the speed limit) to pass then that is fine. But those that drive slow and don't let anyone pass 'because they want to' are simply arrogant.

Not possible really because it would not take into account the road or conditions.

Clearly tho with the responses on here there is a good argument for regular re-testing of drivers.

You can fail your test for driving too slow as well.

I know because I got a minor for doing it.

Morris Minor.

Archived