Costco membership

Does anyone have the Costco executive membership and is it worth £66?

I don't know what membership to choose, standard £30 or executive £66.

Obviously, Costco have recommended the most expensive.

Can anyone help me decide please?

Thank you

I've no idea, I've not seen what they sell.

Is it the sort of place you go every week and buy essentials or just a new tv and 4 tyres every 2 years?

You could shop there every week, they do have some great bargains although for the average household they cannot compare with the sheer variety of Makro.

I would imagine if you had a couple of big spends on the horizon such as a big TV or a few big domestic appliances then the executive savings from that point on would be an advantage but I dont know the figure you need to spend to start getting those advantages, you'd have to take the higher membership fee into consideration.

---------- Post added 27-03-2013 at 15:40 ----------

I've no idea, I've not seen what they sell.

Is it the sort of place you go every week and buy essentials or just a new tv and 4 tyres every 2 years?

They sell very big pizzas for about 7 quid :hihi:

I think there is a 2% return on everything you spend in the year. The extra £36 of membership would be covered by spending £1800 per year.

I suppose if I combined all my spending to Costco, I could save?

Do they sell booze?

I think there is a 2% return on everything you spend in the year. The extra £36 of membership would be covered by spending £1800 per year.

I suppose if I combined all my spending to Costco, I could save?

Do they sell booze?

They do sell booze, they have a decent range of stuff.

Yea, but it's not cheaper than at a supermarket.

Some stuff is and some stuff isn't, so don't plan on buying everthing there.

Thats true geared, you will occasionally get offers on spirits like Jack Daniels and Makers Mark, stuff like that, but supermarkets take some beating.

Archived