Multipack goods

my local shop is selling goods seperatly that are marked multipack, they buy multipacks of baked beans and sell the cans seperate so they double the price of each cans multipack value. they do it with crisps and other things. is this illegal

A quick Google tells me:

Consumer Direct website states that to legally sell a multipack item the individual item (if food) must contain a list of ingredients, any allergy advice, nutrition info and a sell by date. In the case of cleaning products, soap or bath products etc. it must display any health advice or allergy warnings and list of contents or ingredients and if applicable, a use by date.

If you buy Seabrooks crisps in multipacks, then on each pack it says not to be sold separately. So If doing that the the shop are doing something illegal, tell them to shpve them where the sun don't shine & walk out.

Its not illegal, even if the pack says not to be sold seperately as long as it has a list of ingredients and a use by date on the pack.

Lots of manufacturers just dont put this info on the multipacks now.

If you buy Seabrooks crisps in multipacks, then on each pack it says not to be sold separately. So If doing that the the shop are doing something illegal, tell them to shpve them where the sun don't shine & walk out.

It may be contrary to the sales agreement between the shop and their suppliers but as others have said I don't think it's actually criminal to sell them. There may be a criminal offence of deception between the supplier and the shop, but again that has no effect on the sale to you.

Archived