Low flying WW2 plane

Agent Orange, it was very large, much bigger than the small Cessnas that you often see, and was a drab olive ish colour. Because it was so low I saw the true scale of it. Didn't see any numbers etc to identify it.

I assume the engines have been converted to something modern, as it was quiet.

It could be a b25 mitchell.There is one used as a camera plane for films.It was used in pearl harbor and memphis belle to name two and i think it is being used to film the new remake of the dambusters.It looks very similar to a halifax bomber but i think there are only two halifaxes left and neither are in flying condition.

hi magneteer, do you know when the anniversary is

If you are thinking about going I would think twice. I went in 1988 when they had one, there were thousands of people there from all over the place we got there early. We must have been there at least 2 hours before they were due and had to park a good distance away. Mind you it was well worth watching but if you are going to go make sure you plan it well.

Looking at some pics, I am pretty sure it was the B25 Mitchell, very distinctive tail. Where is it likely to have landed?

I would guess probably coningsby where the battle of britain memorial flight is based or duxford.Coningsby more likely has that is where the lancaster is.

Archived