Would you buy a suspended coffee?

A radio station has interviewed my husband today ,so another group of people hearing about Suspended coffee in Sheffield .:)

Focus can I just say we are Piccolo not Piccolos they are on West st don't want them to be inundated with the media and not have a clue what is going off.

I'm guessing you know about the Suspended coffee that is up and running in Huddersfield . I wonder how they have made it work .

A radio station has interviewed my husband today ,so another group of people hearing about Suspended coffee in Sheffield .:)

Focus can I just say we are Piccolo not Piccolos they are on West st don't want them to be inundated with the media and not have a clue what is going off.

I'm guessing you know about the Suspended coffee that is up and running in Huddersfield . I wonder how they have made it work .

Sorry in the liberal use of "s" when I shouldn't! I'll be careful to get that right in future. Glad that people are getting to hear about suspended coffee one way or t'other!

I am following the Huddersfield group on Facebook and will be swapping notes I'm sure!

Hi Janie,

M&S do support yht homeless, they arew part of a project that contributes to Fareshare, Small hampers are then delivered to Homeless, abused and scared people x

Thanks for replying with that info Chelle.

They're are so many needs.

To become homeless is a situation few of us will fortunately never have to face.Thank goodness there are some charitable support centres available in Sheffield.To not only provide food and temporary shelter but to offer support, advice and information that will hopefully help the homeless people find a solution that will help them deal with the causes that have lead to them being in that situation, so they won't find themselves in the position of having to go to a coffee shop for a suspended coffee.

Are there really people who are walking about thinking...if only there was a scheme where I could buy a homeless person a coffee? Why not just buy a homeless person a coffee? Why not just say to the Big Issue man/woman – I’m going to get a coffee, do you want one?

Admire your enthusiasm though focusedhypno. Best of luck with it.

Why not just buy a homeless person a coffee? Why not just say to the Big Issue man/woman – I’m going to get a coffee, do you want one?

If I was a homeless person, I'd much prefer a big mac meal. Sometimes I've thought of doing just that but then think they will feel like I'm patronising them. Maybe they would be offended if I didn't go large.

If I was a homeless person, I'd much prefer a big mac meal. Sometimes I've thought of doing just that but then think they will feel like I'm patronising them. Maybe they would be offended if I didn't go large.

I have before but not with coffee, when I’ve been into sandwich shop to buy my lunch. You get a varied response from ‘f off’ to ‘oh yeah thanks that would be great’.

Thanks for your comment Phanerothyme. I am proposing the exact opposite of your suggestion. By having a deeper understanding of the issues of homelessness and poverty and through having another option that isn't spending 2 hours in a soup kitchen and isn't giving a homeless person a quid that might go on a drug problem I think more people will give more money and support. Through this local approach I think more people will interact more with those in need not less.

Instead of walking past homeless people and pretending they don't exist you could give them a suspended coffee voucher, have a chat, see how things are going for them. By giving them a voucher for a coffee for some food or a drink you are interacting which is surely better than ignoring them.

I walk past loads of homeless people and dont acknowledge them, same as I walk past hundreds of other people I dont know and dont acknowledge them. It doesnt mean im trying to pretend they dont all exist. Cant stand it when people suggest we all pretend the homeless dont exist just because we dont shower them all with charity. Fact is these guys may have nothing but 90% of people have less than nothing if they totted everything up.