Would you buy a suspended coffee?

You nasty piece of work, hope you never get ill, lose your job and your house, no where to go........... But there we go, some talk absolute drivel without knowing the ins and outs. Get back on your high horse!!! Maybe a homeless person could hold your charger for you.... God im bloody mad

Why? Not too much wrong with that. I've seen people dressed as huge pizza boxes advertising Dominos...it's pretty much the same thing.

You nasty piece of work, hope you never get ill, lose your job and your house, no where to go........... But there we go, some talk absolute drivel without knowing the ins and outs. Get back on your high horse!!! Maybe a homeless person could hold your charger for you.... God im bloody mad
I was picking up irony in the post,but don't take my word for that?

Why? Not too much wrong with that. I've seen people dressed as huge pizza boxes advertising Dominos...it's pretty much the same thing.

EXACTLY!

But people are too proud apparently. If I was down on my luck I'd do ANYTHING if I was hungry. What's the big deal of holding or wearing a sign to promote the business which has decided to help you.

Edited by FACEBOOK

The next time I see a homeless person, I'm going to look at the surrounding food outlets and ask them what they would like to eat, then I'll go in, buy it for them and be on my way.

Excellent stuff Facebook, that makes me really happy.

---------- Post added 04-04-2013 at 08:37 ----------

I gave a homeless my free 12oz hot drink McDonalds monopoly coupon other day.

That would be an idea. Instead of buying a suspended coffee, buy a...suspended coffee coupon or something, then you can judge who looks homeless enough to deserve it.

Erm...have you read any of my posts in this thread Super Hans. THAT is EXACTLY what I have been proposing almost from day one.

The problem with your version of the idea is that you (well the voucher technically) is dictating what can be got for free. I have bought food for a homeless person before and when I handed over the ploughmans sandwich and it was refused because the homeless person told me they were vegetarian. I have bought a coffee for a homeless person before and had it refused because they were Mormon.

To many of us this might sound crazy. They are on the streets and so when are offered something they should be grateful but why should they sell out on their beliefs or morals just because they don't have somewhere to live?

That's why this idea could be great because it gives the person getting the voucher the control to make it work for them and they aren't at the whim of what is assumed that they need or want.

Excellent stuff Facebook, that makes me really happy.

---------- Post added 04-04-2013 at 08:37 ----------

Erm...have you read any of my posts in this thread Super Hans. THAT is EXACTLY what I have been proposing almost from day one.

The problem with your version of the idea is that you (well the voucher technically) is dictating what can be got for free. I have bought food for a homeless person before and when I handed over the ploughmans sandwich and it was refused because the homeless person told me they were vegetarian. I have bought a coffee for a homeless person before and had it refused because they were Mormon.

To many of us this might sound crazy. They are on the streets and so when are offered something they should be grateful but why should they sell out on their beliefs or morals just because they don't have somewhere to live?

That's why this idea could be great because it gives the person getting the voucher the control to make it work for them and they aren't at the whim of what is assumed that they need or want.

They should be grateful for what they can get and their beliefs HAVE to go out the window I'm afraid, if not they are'nt very desperate are they? Have you ever wondered why a lot of them are homeless in the first place if not have a think about it? Your post says a lot about it :)

They should be grateful for what they can get and their beliefs HAVE to go out the window I'm afraid, if not they are'nt very desperate are they? Have you ever wondered why a lot of them are homeless in the first place if not have a think about it? Your post says a lot about it :)

I really have to disagree with you on that Timmmy. Why should someone have to sell out on their beliefs and principals just because they don't have a house? You might imagine you would be willing to sell out on what you believe if you were in that situation and if you did that would be fine because it would be your choice.

When you are on the street though one of the few things you have left that no-one can take away from you is your beliefs. I actually really respect the people who refused my drink & food in the past because it went against their beliefs. It was hard for me to get my head round it too to begin with but once I did I really understood their situation from a completely different point of view.

As to the reasons why anyone ends up on the street I will not make any sweeping generalisation or indulge any speculative guesswork. You have no idea what has lead to anyone being on the streets unless you have actually asked the individual involved.

I actually really respect the people who refused my drink & food in the past because it went against their beliefs. QUOTE]

Maybe if you had stopped & asked them in the first place if they would like a sarnie or drink & what sort they wanted this situation could of been avoided.

Much easier to ask rather than assume.

QUOTE]

Maybe if you had stopped & asked them in the first place if they would like a sarnie or drink & what sort they wanted this situation could of been avoided.

Much easier to ask rather than assume.

As well as the drink and sarnie, It would also be worth enquiring whether they are aware of the Cathedral Archer Project and Turning Point on Sidney street,or to direct them to any other charitable help one is aware of.

I'd never heard of this til yesterday but it's something I'd consider. I have bought food in the past for a homeless chap, he was very grateful, even more so as I bought a few tins of food for his dog who was obviously this guys world.

Dont automatically fall for that ploy. I've seen a few homeless guys with the same dog which they share around because-

a- they tend to get more donations of food and money if they have a dog

b- it helps keep them warm

many of these homeless guys would give away 'their' dog for a bag of their drug of choice.

But we digress..I think Focusedhypno's intentions and efforts are admirable I have to say