Would you buy a suspended coffee?

Get away with what Facebook? I'm going to take your attitude as being one of playful ribbing Facebook :hihi:

I tried to give the information requested and update everyone on where the scheme is at. I have been trying to develop this in Sheffield pretty much on my own with very little free time and free of cost to anyone...a pretty tall order that requires co-operation and co-ordination. Two shops are definitely interested, these are Honey Pie Tearoom on Chesterfield Road and Piccolo on London Road. Grounded Coffee in Meadowhall also like the idea but pointed out that there will not be any homeless people there to collect any donated coffees but that they would still be interested in being part of the scheme in some way.

So that is 3 shops interested in 3 weeks of me working on my own. Not bad I think!

Don't forget as well that Starbucks will be doing a form of Suspended Coffee too (admittedly one where they don't let the homeless into their stores and then donate the money to an evangelical Christian group but suspended coffee never the less!!) and it is likely that people like Costa will follow suit.

As for where homeless people can currently get a drink they can go to Eldon

street carpark where they give out St.Lukes provide tea, coffee, chocolate, sandwiches and even clothing to those in most need. This is funded by the congregation of st luke's and from other congregations. Other churches run it on other nights of the week.

Hope that helps answer your questions and constitutes a full and acceptable update.

Get away with what Facebook? I'm going to take your attitude as being one of playful ribbing Facebook :hihi:

I tried to give the information requested and update everyone on where the scheme is at. I have been trying to develop this in Sheffield pretty much on my own with very little free time and free of cost to anyone...a pretty tall order that requires co-operation and co-ordination. Two shops are definitely interested, these are Honey Pie Tearoom on Chesterfield Road and Piccolo on London Road. Grounded Coffee in Meadowhall also like the idea but pointed out that there will not be any homeless people there to collect any donated coffees but that they would still be interested in being part of the scheme in some way.

So that is 3 shops interested in 3 weeks of me working on my own. Not bad I think!

Don't forget as well that Starbucks will be doing a form of Suspended Coffee too (admittedly one where they don't let the homeless into their stores and then donate the money to an evangelical Christian group but suspended coffee never the less!!) and it is likely that people like Costa will follow suit.

As for where homeless people can currently get a drink they can go to Eldon

street carpark where they give out St.Lukes provide tea, coffee, chocolate, sandwiches and even clothing to those in most need. This is funded by the congregation of st luke's and from other congregations. Other churches run it on other nights of the week.

Hope that helps answer your questions and constitutes a full and acceptable update.

I knew you'd make me read through a whole heap of excuses and then get to the numbers, the only thing that matters! And the numbers are,,,, drum roll,,,, wait for it....

ZERO shops have signed up. NONE, 0, nada.

So, I WAS RIGHT!

TOLD YOU SO.

Facebook gets out mirror and spreads out on chaise lounge.

God that felt good.

Now focused, is the problem you or your helpers are not good closers? Why are shops not signing up?

I think the size of your head might be affecting your ability to read Facebook. Honey Pie Tearoom are definitely in .... that's one. Piccolo are in ... that's two. Grounded Coffee are very interested in being a part of it but because of their location it is not possible for them to be involved in the same way as Honey Pie. So, like I said ... three.

And FYI there is not a single excuse in what I have posted, just information. Hope that helps.

I think the size of your head might be affecting your ability to read Facebook. Honey Pie Tearoom are definitely in .... that's one. Piccolo are in ... that's two. Grounded Coffee are very interested in being a part of it but because of their location it is not possible for them to be involved in the same way as Honey Pie. So, like I said ... three.

And FYI there is not a single excuse in what I have posted, just information. Hope that helps.

No, they are not IN, they are just interested, big difference. If a homeless person tomorrow wants a free coffee, which shops in Sheffield can he visit where you have organised this scheme so he can pick up his free coffee?

I've stated all along this won't work, I know it won't work, it won't take off, I am right. I'm not big headed, just right. You should thank me for saving you lots of hassle. Anyway, I asked you for an update and you kindly provided one.

I wonder if at Grounded Coffee, they might offer a kind of 'suspended coffee token' system that could be donated to the Eldon St Carpark project, or St Wilfreds, or whoever else offers such schemes - there could be a little section on their price list - eg Suspended coffee token A -Buys sufficient powdered or UHT milk for 50 free coffees for the homeless £1.50, token B - Buys a bag of sugar for coffees for the homeless £0.90 or, just have a collecting in for the Eldon St Carpark Coffee Project on their counter maybe, or both.

Great news that you're starting to get firm offers from coffee houses - well done!

No, they are not IN, they are just interested, big difference. If a homeless person tomorrow wants a free coffee, which shops in Sheffield can he visit where you have organised this scheme so he can pick up his free coffee?

I've stated all along this won't work, I know it won't work, it won't take off, I am right. I'm not big headed, just right. You should thank me for saving you lots of hassle. Anyway, I asked you for an update and you kindly provided one.

Sorry if my previous posts were too difficult for you to understand Facebook, you seem to be reading things I'm not writing. Honey Pie Tearoom IS in. Piccolo have already taken a donation from one of their regulars who loves the idea and despite the scheme not being up and running he still wanted to donate. Grounded coffee are very happy to support the idea and do what they can but made it clear that they won't be able to participate in the same way as other stores due to their location.

People can not yet get suspended coffee in Sheffield though because I am trying to get this running in several places at the same time across the city. Like I said, this takes time and planning. I have been doing this pretty much solo until now which is why progress has not been as rapid as I would have liked.

Your opinion Facebook is just that, yours. It is not mine and not one shared by the 300 people who follow the sheffield suspended coffee facebook page. The idea has a proven track record and is taking off around the world. Given a bit more time and the support of lovely people like Mr.Bloom I am extremely confident that the idea will become established and put smiles on faces across the city

Sorry if my previous posts were too difficult for you to understand Facebook, you seem to be reading things I'm not writing. Honey Pie Tearoom IS in. Piccolo have already taken a donation from one of their regulars who loves the idea and despite the scheme not being up and running he still wanted to donate. Grounded coffee are very happy to support the idea and do what they can but made it clear that they won't be able to participate in the same way as other stores due to their location.

People can not yet get suspended coffee in Sheffield though because I am trying to get this running in several places at the same time across the city. Like I said, this takes time and planning. I have been doing this pretty much solo until now which is why progress has not been as rapid as I would have liked.

Your opinion Facebook is just that, yours. It is not mine and not one shared by the 300 people who follow the sheffield suspended coffee facebook page. The idea has a proven track record and is taking off around the world. Given a bit more time and the support of lovely people like Mr.Bloom I am extremely confident that the idea will become established and put smiles on faces across the city

OK, well from re-reading all your update posts, it still seems to me that it isn't up and running at all but you are trying to progress it to some starting point. Even if one or two have signed up, are they even promoting it? How many coffees are the "participating" establishments actually giving away to homeless people? If it's 0-5 per day then I wouldn't call that working would you? My whole point all along is that the sentiment is right but the execution is wrong. I think there are far better ways to help the homeless especially if run by someone as committed as yourself. Alas, I don't see this being a victory. i'll wait for you then to tell me I was right.

OK, well from re-reading all your update posts, it still seems to me that it isn't up and running at all but you are trying to progress it to some starting point. Even if one or two have signed up, are they even promoting it? How many coffees are the "participating" establishments actually giving away to homeless people? If it's 0-5 per day then I wouldn't call that working would you? My whole point all along is that the sentiment is right but the execution is wrong. I think there are far better ways to help the homeless especially if run by someone as committed as yourself. Alas, I don't see this being a victory. i'll wait for you then to tell me I was right.

Have you thought about using your energy and talents in a more positive way?

Have you thought about using your energy and talents in a more positive way?

I wasn't aware I was using them in a negative way. I'm trying to help someone save their time. There is nothing more valuable than time. I had vented all this before, and as some time had passed, I asked for an update. I now see little if any progress. Focussed is determined to continue. So we shall see. I hope he proves me wrong. He won't though, I'm never wrong and shouldn't be vilified for it.

Do we even know what homeless people actually want to make their lives a little more tolerable? Is it a coffee, is it even food? Maybe a pair of better shoes or a jumper? I don't even know what they want. Do you? Does focussed?