Would you buy a suspended coffee?

When would be the right time for me to say I TOLD YOU SO? Are all the coffee shops nodding in righteous agreement at what a great cause it is but yet none of them actually signing up to a scheme which promotes homeless people into their stores? I genuinely get off on being right, so when you tell me I was right, I'm going to take the day off, lay back smugly in my chaise lounge, gaze dreamily at myself in my hand mirror, (I always carry one of those), and say to myself, you've outdone yourself this time facebook, you are so wonderfully insightful, how do you do it. You really are the best!

Listen, anybody with any sense recognises that it's a stupid idea, even Starbucks themselves have admitted this with their half arsed attempt to appease people such as yourself and introduce their own version of 'suspended coffee'.

No doubt you'll still not be happy with this and wont be content until you have a genuine tramp sat next to you in Starbucks with a coffee you have just paid for, but it's not going to happen unless you bring him off the streets yourself and buy him the coffee there and then.

It's a stupid idea, it's never going to happen, it's never going to work and Starbucks have brushed it under the rug because they don't want to entertain such a nonsense idea.

It beggars belief that such catty comments are directed towards someone who is giving his energy toward a scheme which aims to provide a hot drink to the homeless.

Why the vitriol???

It beggars belief that such catty comments are directed towards someone who is giving his energy toward a scheme which aims to provide a hot drink to the homeless.

Why the vitriol???

If people who are trying to help the less fortunate took any note of the negative comments, they'd give up! Just as well they don't. :love: I read this on the link below, and it sums it up exactly for me: 'Suspended Coffees is the gesture of a good will and kind heart'.

Although I can't make the meeting, I'd like to wish the venture good luck. I heard a discussion on the radio about how this is working in Huddersfield, and its going pretty well. They have several establishments on board as seen here: http://www.facebook.com/SuspendedCoffeesHuddersfield

I'm sure the good folk of Sheffield will match that, or do even better. I'll look out for a 'Suspended Coffee' sign in the near future!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Spats,

The meeting went well thatnks! We got the definition of suspended coffee nailed down and a lot more direction. We have plans in place to bring suspended coffee to sheffield very soon. Becoming a dad recently has delayed things a little but we have more shops signing up and expressing interest.

Just need to find a printer/printers to help out with the fliers and posters now. Still trying to get someone to help out.

If anyone knows of a printer who would like to do a good turn and get some massive local promotion and publicity at the same time point em in my direction will you??

Hi Spats,

The meeting went well thatnks! We got the definition of suspended coffee nailed down and a lot more direction. We have plans in place to bring suspended coffee to sheffield very soon. Becoming a dad recently has delayed things a little but we have more shops signing up and expressing interest.

Just need to find a printer/printers to help out with the fliers and posters now. Still trying to get someone to help out.

If anyone knows of a printer who would like to do a good turn and get some massive local promotion and publicity at the same time point em in my direction will you??

Do you think this joker deserves a suspended coffee?

Now that video is taken from a BBC report, and this is what you'd get if your stupid idea ever came into fruition in any properly franchised coffee outlet.

A bunch of chancers coming in, asking for a free coffee because they say they can't afford it, or they'd rather buy their fags, or they've left their Amex card at home.

Edited by Super Hans

Do you think this joker deserves a suspended coffee?

Now that video is taken from a BBC report, and this is what you'd get if your stupid idea ever came into fruition in any properly franchised coffee outlet.

A bunch of chances coming in, asking for a free coffee because they say they can't afford it, or they'd rather buy their fags, or they've left their Amex card at home.

Aaaaah Hans....how I have missed your commanding use of the English language, your boundless optimism and joie de vivre! How the devil are you? And Mrs. Hans?

• 3 months later...