Pc world returns help

They won't replace it, just keep saying its under guarantee with asus, not them..

thats utter BS, a guarantee is with the seller not the manufacturer.

I would say call consumer direct but this government got rid of them so your only hope is to call citizens advice.

https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights

Get all the leagalease you need to walk in with confidence and demand a replacement.

Just a quick update, my mother spoke to which who passed her onto a consumer advice service.

They went through everything with her and PC world have taken it to repair 1 last time and the manager of the store has said he will try and get a replacement, if he can.

She is at Scarborough and the staff at the local branch have been a right pain in the arse, rude and aggressive.

Hopefully this will get sorted, but beware anyone buying from PCW, if what you buy turns out to be faulty you will have a uphill battle trying to get a replacement/refund.

Thanks for the advice.

Mac

The Sale of Goods Act makes reference to ‘the seller’, this is the shop, the retailer, or the individual you bought it from, and is who you made the contract with. It is not the manufacturer, and don’t let the shop tell you otherwise! If there is an obvious fault with the item at any time within the first 6 months and it has not been caused by wear and tear or misuse, your first port of call must be the shop you bought it from. They have the responsibility to put the matter right, and should not evade this responsibility by referring you to the manufacturer in the context of a guarantee or warranty. Even after this 6 month period, if the item breaks down prematurely , you should always go back to the shop or retailer in the first instance.

This is what SOGA says so retailers are entitled to check the fault which has not manifested itself inside the first 28 day to verify it is inherent fault and not misuse

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am sorry to hear about the situation with your laptop. We would like to look into this further for you. If you could please send a copy of your initial post and your personal details to letusknow@knowhow.com I will be happy to look into this further and advise you on the process we follow inline with your rights as a consumer.

I look forward to your response.

Lloyd

The Social Media Team

KNOWHOW

currys/pc world will not help, see my thread for the trouble i've been through with no result at all

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1159493

---------- Post added 23-04-2013 at 21:58 ----------

as stated anove, i am having same problems. on another forum i was given the CEO's email, write to them as i am going to encourage anyone who has the similar prolems

[Removed - see edit reason below]

Archived