Selective Landlord licensing- Firvale & Page Hall

Section 30 to start in pagehall on the 12th aug, should get some peace hopefully.

Does this sec 30 come with any teeth? The last one when I phoned up regarding a group of about 40/50 I was told that if they are not behaving in a violent manner they can't just move them on

your lucky in sheffield to get a meeting with the council......rotherham council dont want to know !!

rmbc dont want a public meeting , they want a nice one 2 one , this time last year we were told by rmbc that meetings would be held every month , residents have waited 9 month for a meeting with the council , the last one was december last year . the council blame the police the police blame the council , areas of rotherham or just as bad as page hall a fir vale . seams to me most of south yorkshire is having problems . police have told us that they cant move groups of people on , some times upto 50 strong .

Are you living in the Eastwood area of Rotherham? That area was mentioned on Radio Sheffield a couple of months ago. The residents are suffering the same problems, caused by the same group of immigrants... a spokesperson from Rotherham council mentioned the reason that Roma kids are playing outside in the street at 2am in winter is because those kids traditionally play outside when the first snow of the year falls. Yes, I am sure the residents were comfortable with that explanation...

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1158788&highlight=eastwood

---------- Post added 29-07-2013 at 20:01 ----------

Does this sec 30 come with any teeth? The last one when I phoned up regarding a group of about 40/50 I was told that if they are not behaving in a violent manner they can't just move them on

Did you phone up while the area was under curfew?

Section 30's usually come with an increased Police presence, so the Police will have the power to disperse large groups of people and move them on.

Are you living in the Eastwood area of Rotherham? That area was mentioned on Radio Sheffield a couple of months ago. The residents are suffering the same problems, caused by the same group of immigrants... a spokesperson from Rotherham council mentioned the reason that Roma kids are playing outside in the street at 2am in winter is because those kids traditionally play outside when the first snow of the year falls. Yes, I am sure the residents were comfortable with that explanation...

Section 30's usually come with an increased Police presence, so the Police will have the power to disperse large groups of people and move them on.

I phoned up at the time the last one was in force, the operator told me that if they were just stood there and not behaving badly they couldn't move them on.

This was bought up at a meeting at the old firth park hotel when the police were there so hopefully this order will actually be one where groups can be dispersed regardless of wether they are behaving or not.

I phoned up at the time the last one was in force, the operator told me that if they were just stood there and not behaving badly they couldn't move them on.

This was bought up at a meeting at the old firth park hotel when the police were there so hopefully this order will actually be one where groups can be dispersed regardless of wether they are behaving or not.

According to this article (Burngreave Messenger, November 2011) a Section 30 Dispersal Order will allow the Police to move on people who are in groups of 2 or more that are “likely to cause intimidation” after 9pm.

Young people under 16 can also be taken home.

Do bring this issue up at the next community meeting. To be honest, rather than phoning the Police and getting your call screened by an operator, you'd be better off flagging down a passing Police car instead; there should be several patrolling the streets while the area is under curfew :)

I'm sure I've seen something on the Council literature regarding Selective Licensing which mentions tenants providing references. Surely if they are unable to do this, any landlord would be entitled to refuse to rent to them.

As for the cost of the licence, could this be covered by the tenant posting a bond with the landlord?

How many section 30s have we had in last few years?.As soon as its finished we are back to square one.We are just going round in circles.Ps does anyone know if there is the monthly meeting this thurs at P A C A .

It needs all sections to be responsible,Landlords Tenants and the Council.

That is right

The council is being responsible by taking charge and fining, removoving capacity to be a landlord from selfish greedy bad landlords and letting good landlords continue.

The landlords now cannot get away with it any longer when all they care about is the money. While ruining other peoples lives.

The landlords in my neighbourhood are already responsible so it is obvious a landlord has the capacity to do a good job.

The tenants come from another country/culture. They will not understand what is going on.

You can only make someone responsible when they have understanding and knowledge of what and how they need to be responsible.

If a roma gypsie family does not know these things you cannot blame them they are ignorant.

The landlord needs to make certain the people on his property are trained and educated on appropriate behaviour and manors.

Otherwise that landlord has allowed out of control animals just because he could not wait four more weeks for normal communal tenants.

I know landlords that take twice as long to get tenants but say no to eastern Europe while they lose two months rent to get proper tenants.

i have friends who live at eastwood , the guy who said slovak kids play out in the snow at any hour, has now left the council , dont know why ? . on the sec 30 , residents ask for one at eastwood in november this was turned down by the syp . the problems are ongoing today .

---------- Post added 30-07-2013 at 14:49 ----------

section 30 , a dispersal order gives police the right to remove 2 or more people from a area of persistent anti social behaviour . have a look at cps website .

Oh that explains it then, playing out in the snow because its the first snow of the winter, I wonder what quaint custom they are celebrating when they let their kids play in the middle of the road, half naked in all weathers. Or stand watching whilst their toddlers sat in the gutter trying to piece together a broken glass bottle, as I saw this morning.

Archived