Selective Landlord licensing- Firvale & Page Hall

I am not giving up. On the contrary I am reading up on the internet all the possible ways we can improve the area with all the available laws at our disposal.

For instance the Hazard homes safety rating system enforcement gives Councils powers to enforce minimum standards on all private rented accommodation and charge landlords the cost of repairs as well as costs incurred to the Council for investigating the property in the first place.

Antisocial bill of 2013 gives further powers to the Council to permanently remove troublesome tenants causing problems in the area and the home

I am simply saying when these laws exist why are we trying to resolve the situation with laws that came into force in 2004.

Even the section 30 law that has now been applied to the area was created in the Anti Social behaviour bill of 2003. Section 30 will be lifted again in November and come the spring/summer time of 2014 we will see problem resurface.

Why do you feel laws created 10 years ago are going to achieve better results than laws that have been created more recently. I'm assuming the previous laws were not up to the mark and hence the 2013 laws were created.

I'm all for punishing bad landlords or bad tenants because they give all landlords a bad name.

To summarise once more, I am not giving up all I want is for the best laws and powers to be used to achieve the results we all want. I live in the area so I see the problems on a daily basis.

We both want the area to improve but the way we wish to tackle the situation is different.

If you do have some time free, do read up on the internet on the above laws.

and read the Council's literature on the selective licensing scheme which mentions the limitations of the selective licensing scheme.

I don't want a scheme being used in the area for 5 years and then after scheme finishes the problems to be exactly the same as before.

Thank you warrior,

Lots of good landlords are paying (unnecessarily?) to keep few bad ones under control.

After 5 years many Eastern EU people will have integrated better. The license will not do that job, people willingness to connect and help each other to learn will do that.

Warrior, we both want page hall to recover, I don't belief my way is the only way and appreciate your language here and see you are right and make a good point on many issues here. I agree with you 100% that the license appears to be very questionable, but something needs to be done, something more than nothing.

I will read those other things tomorrow.

Has somebody hacked your account?

First post I actually agree with

Thank you warrior,

Lots of good landlords are paying (unnecessarily?) to keep few bad ones under control.

After 5 years many Eastern EU people will have integrated better. The license will not do that job, people willingness to connect and help each other to learn will do that.

Warrior, we both want page hall to recover, I don't belief my way is the only way and appreciate your language here and see you are right and make a good point on many issues here. I agree with you 100% that the license appears to be very questionable, but something needs to be done, something more than nothing.

I will read those other things tomorrow.

Has somebody hacked your account?

First post I actually agree with

It has never been my intention to disagree. The main problems are not in my backyard because both neighbour landlords rent to integrated people only because they see the problems in pagehall and act responsibly accordingly, refusing all easy offers from the invasion of noisy garbage foreigners.

Other parts of pagehall what is happening now does not work. Anything else, even if it is licensing, could help to make things different from the way they are now.

Continuing the way it is now is out of question.

The licensing program is clearly made with the intention to stop wrong tenants from entering and keeping the people entering the rental properties in a cultural social balance.

Saying that some areas are now 80% foreigners. Who allowed that to happen? The council did not do it, the police did not, I did not do it and my neighbours landlords did not do it either.

The main protests against the program are Asian landlords protesting that the £500 for an early 5 year registration is too much.

A property means responsibility and £500 for first 5 years is a very small expense for a property for people to live in.

These protesters are the real type of people that ruin the area socially and property value, with their selfish greed unprepared to try something new.

I am not for licensing but am against continuing the way it is now therefore licensing is better than nothing.

bare knuckle fights....just what are the police doing ??

Nothing it's just another harmless custom after all, a couple of months back on a Sunday morning I went to the shop on Robey Street and witnessed two lads about 10 years old knocking the hell out of each other. One had blood running down his face, there must have been 50 to 60 Roma men, women and kids cheering them on. Not one of them stepped in to stop it and the few none Roma people around didn't dare against the baying crowd. Eventually the mothers (im assuming) turned up and started arguing in the street one hitting the other with a yard brush. This went on for a good 20 minutes, police no where to be seen.

can someone tell me why south yorkshire police do nothing when very large groups or on the st's at night ?? ive witnessed large partys take place ,at sheffield a rotherham , eu people singing ,shouting in the st's at all hours when police are called nothing happens ? do the police stand back and let it happen for a reason ?? sheffield a rotherham come under the same police force . ringing 101 is a complete joke , your lucky to get a copper to turn out .

The police was scared they would get their wallet pickpocket.

On the motorway in Germany the police stopped a vehicle with 21 romanian passengers. The maximum capacity for this vehicle was 9 people. It was so overloaded it almost touched the road.

Archived