Selective Landlord licensing- Firvale & Page Hall

A large Slovakian family moved in next door to us about a month ago. My husband and I have made a concerted effort to be friendly and communicative. It hasn't been easy with the language barrier, but we've definitely made some progress.

There is going to be a public consultation session on 18 July at Fir Vale School from 5pm - 7pm. I'll wait until then to share what I think.

Last Warrior: will you be going?

On what grounds do you make the assumption that immigrants are responsible for the problems you highlight?

If we had a poll on here who has caused the problems in page hall/fir vale and 90% of people on here highlighted it as being immigrants , you would still argue and label them racists so whats the point .

Do you live in the Page Hall or Fir Vale areas of S4?

Have you ever lived next door to these Roma gypsies?

I don't think he even lives in Sheffield? Didn't he say he lives in Leeds? And Halibut is on record as praising the Roma for being hard working people, although at what he never said.

Most suburban areas of Sheffield are pretty much rundown and messy with litter and weeds everywhere, but I think Page Hall and Fir Vale have got to get the prize these days. They're a special case.

I'm not convinced that the property licensing will do any good, it seems no more than a moneymaker for the city.

A large Slovakian family moved in next door to us about a month ago. My husband and I have made a concerted effort to be friendly and communicative. It hasn't been easy with the language barrier, but we've definitely made some progress.

There is going to be a public consultation session on 18 July at Fir Vale School from 5pm - 7pm. I'll wait until then to share what I think.

Last Warrior: will you be going?

another public consultation, probably with another clean up campaign. will it never end ? :huh:

so be it!! they shouldn't have the 'i dont give a toss' attitude towards who is renting THEIR property, and put more effort into making sure the tenants look after the property THEY'RE living in!!!

so be it!! they shouldn't have the 'i dont give a toss' attitude towards who is renting THEIR property, and put more effort into making sure the tenants look after the property THEY'RE living in!!!

good ,about time slum landlords paying instead of collecting .

Nice to see you tarring all us landlords as slum landlords.:rolleyes:

Nice to see you tarring all us landlords as slum landlords.:rolleyes:

I didn't see them tarring landlords like that, just slum landlords.

Scum who buy property and overfill it with antisocial individuals blight neighbourhoods and are rightly reviled and need their property seizing and themselves jailing. Decent landlords are fine.

The fact that the former exist in these areas is not a besmirchment on the latter.

Archived