Selective Landlord licensing- Firvale & Page Hall

another public consultation, probably with another clean up campaign. will it never end ? :huh:

I know what you mean. But whatever the case, it'll be informative to know what people think. I don't think selective licensing is going to do much good; as Last Warrior said, it'll just shift the families elsewhere and not deal with the bigger issue of how best to (dis)solve the tension in the area.

I know what you mean. But whatever the case, it'll be informative to know what people think. I don't think selective licensing is going to do much good; as Last Warrior said, it'll just shift the families elsewhere and not deal with the bigger issue of how best to (dis)solve the tension in the area.

If these families moved elsewhere that would relieve most of the tension in the area and give us decent residents a well earned break. Also it would give other parts of Sheffield an insight into these wonderful people's lives and customs :hihi

Is it all down to the landlords tho, what about those that use agents?

Those landlords will never see or hear from their tenants, they get whomever the agent decides to stick in there.

and that will be the first bunch of people to show up with cash in hand.

It's an interesting discussion, but I feel people are not aware of all the facts around selective licencing.

Whilst we have issues around the area, selective licencing only applies to issues such as overcrowding, poor maintenance of the property and anti social behaviour AT the property..

Therefore issues such as litter and groups of people standing together on a street or driving on your street pressing the car horn cannot be dealt with via this scheme.

Also it will be the tenants that will pay for this scheme as landlords will increase the rents in the area. Some residents may think that this is a good idea as they won't be paying the increased rent, but tomorrow it could be their family members that are renting in the area and paying increased rents.

Also residents that are suffering today may also suffer as a result of higher costs for insurance products such as car and home insurance, once the scheme is rolled out. Why should you suffer again ? Also such a scheme will remove a high percentage of buyers from the market and probably lead to a further drop in house prices for residents.

There are alternative options available that will not red line our area as high risk and not send a message to businesses to not invest in the area.

If these families moved elsewhere that would relieve most of the tension in the area and give us decent residents a well earned break. Also it would give other parts of Sheffield an insight into these wonderful people's lives and customs :hihi

no thank you we don't want them...my old neighbours in tinsley would like to see the back of them...why not build them a shanty town on the waste land on shepcote lane...and they can be joined by the romanians and bulgarians...let the B&Q build it...:hihi::hihi:

With the privilege of owning a property comes a certain degree of responsibility to the neighbourhood, however lucky or unlucky you might be with your choice of tenants. So clearing accumulations of rubbish and weeds, cleaning/painting the outside of the house and demolishing or repairing derelict outbuildings are tasks that we can expect a landlord to carry out. If they don't, they should be fined. A system of fines would probably be more effective than a licence.

With the privilege of owning a property comes a certain degree of responsibility to the neighbourhood, however lucky or unlucky you might be with your choice of tenants. So clearing accumulations of rubbish and weeds, cleaning/painting the outside of the house and demolishing or repairing derelict outbuildings are tasks that we can expect a landlord to carry out. If they don't, they should be fined. A system of fines would probably be more effective than a licence.

Should that rule also apply to residents ? That is fines for not maintaining your property ?

However I do agree a system of fines will be more effective than blanket licencing as licencing hits everyone instead of targeting the people that are causing the problem.

Archived