Selective Landlord licensing- Firvale & Page Hall

About 15yrs ago we found a private house to rent the council sent a rent assesment officer from Doncaster.He went round the house looked at the rooms and decided what the rent should be and how many adults & children could live there.It was written in our contract.

no thank you we don't want them...my old neighbours in tinsley would like to see the back of them...why not build them a shanty town on the waste land on shepcote lane...and they can be joined by the romanians and bulgarians...let the B&Q build it...:hihi::hihi:

Great idea :hihi:

Should that rule also apply to residents ? That is fines for not maintaining your property ?

As I said: If you are unlucky with your tenants, the responsibility falls to you as the owner of the property. It might just make you think twice about cramming in as many people as possible and putting them on the shortest leases possible to ensure that they have absolutely no reason to feel they have a stake in the neighbourhood of their "home" ...

With the privilege of owning a property comes a certain degree of responsibility to the neighbourhood, however lucky or unlucky you might be with your choice of tenants. So clearing accumulations of rubbish and weeds, cleaning/painting the outside of the house and demolishing or repairing derelict outbuildings are tasks that we can expect a landlord to carry out. If they don't, they should be fined. A system of fines would probably be more effective than a licence.

Before we get to fines, we need to educate them. They're from a different culture to the UK and don't know our ways.

For example, there's no instruction book on when to have a garden bonfire. Common courtesy says after 6pm at a weekend, but this has been passed down to me, not taught anywhere.

although I agree something has to be done about this area the extra money will just cause

a, more houses to be left empty for long periods of time and squatters ext with what comes with this

b, more dodgy landlords finding there way around the red tape

c, more houses having more tenants to cover the extra cost

its a real shame it has gone the way it has. when me and my family first moved to Sheffield we lived on Lloyd street witch was the cheapest place for us to rent whilst looking to bye a house without this we wouldn't be here in Sheffield know. being here over 15 years know and NO I would not live there know.

to say most of the people down there are Muslim's they should be ashamed of the way they have treated the area ((hence most not all))

page hall has some of the best things Sheffield has to offer parks, woodland, doctors, school, shops and a community

these houses are needed for small family's to make a start in life

although I agree something has to be done about this area the extra money will just cause

a, more houses to be left empty for long periods of time and squatters ext with what comes with this

b, more dodgy landlords finding there way around the red tape

c, more houses having more tenants to cover the extra cost

its a real shame it has gone the way it has. when me and my family first moved to Sheffield we lived on Lloyd street witch was the cheapest place for us to rent whilst looking to bye a house without this we wouldn't be here in Sheffield know. being here over 15 years know and NO I would not live there know.

to say most of the people down there are Muslim's they should be ashamed of the way they have treated the area ((hence most not all))

page hall has some of the best things Sheffield has to offer parks, woodland, doctors, school, shops and a community

these houses are needed for small family's to make a start in life

The licensing scheme will just make most landlords stop renting their houses out as the problem is much more complicated than the Muslims treating the area badly.

Hopefully the licensing scheme will cause the trouble tenants to relocate to maybe a nice area like s6 and than people like yourself will realise it wasn't down to the Muslims.

My family have been in the area since 1980 so I think after 30 yrs in the area I know exactly who and what is causing the problems.

Blame the eu for their non visa agreement and the council for demolishing most of the housing stock meaning newcomers cramming more than one family in houses without the landlords knowledge and than the council when made aware of this are powerless as the tenants claim they are just visitors.

This licencing scheme is the councils way of chucking the problem onto the landlords toes.

Due to page hall being full it's safe to say that in January when restrictions are lifted the Bulgarians will have to be relocated in other areas of sheffield so hopefully people dissing the residents/ landlords of page hall will soon be getting first hand experience of exactly what has happened in page hall.

There are some Muslims that also need educating but to put the blame on most Muslims in the area is a bit unjustified.

My cousin who after evicting 3 families living in his property was prosecuted by the council and received a hefty fine even though he had reported the tenants to the council a couple of months earlier but because the tenants said they were visitors the council couldn't do anything.

The licensing scheme will just make most landlords stop renting their houses out as the problem is much more complicated than the Muslims treating the area badly.

Hopefully the licensing scheme will cause the trouble tenants to relocate to maybe a nice area like s6 and than people like yourself will realise it wasn't down to the Muslims.

My family have been in the area since 1980 so I think after 30 yrs in the area I know exactly who and what is causing the problems.

Blame the eu for their non visa agreement and the council for demolishing most of the housing stock meaning newcomers cramming more than one family in houses without the landlords knowledge and than the council when made aware of this are powerless as the tenants claim they are just visitors.

This licencing scheme is the councils way of chucking the problem onto the landlords toes.

Due to page hall being full it's safe to say that in January when restrictions are lifted the Bulgarians will have to be relocated in other areas of sheffield so hopefully people dissing the residents/ landlords of page hall will soon be getting first hand experience of exactly what has happened in page hall.

There are some Muslims that also need educating but to put the blame on most Muslims in the area is a bit unjustified.

My cousin who after evicting 3 families living in his property was prosecuted by the council and received a hefty fine even though he had reported the tenants to the council a couple of months earlier but because the tenants said they were visitors the council couldn't do anything.

no they will still rent them out just no red tape and cash

your cousin was fined because he/she broke the law

your cousin was fined because he/she broke the law

If you have 3 families living in a 3bed house and council can't do nothing as they cant prove it and than you receive no rent than I'm sure a lot of people will decide to take matters into their own hands.

---------- Post added 13-07-2013 at 20:18 ----------

no they will still rent them out just no red tape and cash

What and risk getting a fine of up to £20k?

Archived