Is it morally wrong to claim unemployment benefit if you have savings?

Private medical and dental services in a country with a national health service would correctly be categorised as a luxury.

Opticians is an odd one isn't it, very few people qualify for NHS glasses, so the basic eye test and correctional lenses or contacts should really be VAT free.

Unless you are on bennies etc.the typical patient with NHS dentist pays fees in three tiers.I suppose mum pays yours for you:hihi:

Opticians is an odd one isn't it, very few people qualify for NHS glasses, so the basic eye test and correctional lenses or contacts should really be VAT free.

I have seen figures that show that only 10% pay for prescriptions, I believe NHS glasses have similar eligibility criteria.

Unless you are on bennies etc.the typical patient with NHS dentist pays fees in three tiers.I suppose mum pays yours for you:hihi:

Do you ever actually post without the little ad hominem attacks at the end?

Grow up a little bit, act like an adult.

Do you ever actually post without the little ad hominem attacks at the end?

Grow up a little bit, act like an adult.

You are very touchy-I could not work out how an adult could evade dental fees and I paid you the compliment of assuming you were not a benefits recipioent given your antagonistic disposition to that group.

Private medical services and dental fees carry VAT,as do opticians work.

Private medical and dental services in a country with a national health service would correctly be categorised as a luxury.

Unless you are on bennies etc.the typical patient with NHS dentist pays fees in three tiers.I suppose mum pays yours for you

That's you giving a compliment is it? Perhaps you need to work on your social skills then, as that's pretty obviously an insult.

Your reply about the fee's due when getting NHS dental work is also unrelated to the fact that private dental work is a luxury item.

And as far as I can tell the charge for NHS dental treatment is not subject to VAT.

The original point being made was that VAT is supposed to be chargeable on only luxury items (ie anything not defined as a basic staple), it was only a minor aside to some brief thoughts about how much the well paid pay in VAT compared to the poorly paid, but you want to argue about it, and then can't resist making silly little insults!

Sorry,I read this with a pause after the medical bit,to read

private medical,and dental

so I withdraw my suggestion that your mum pays for your scale and polish.I hope that will suffice.

Archived