Amount of homeless children in the UK rises by 11% - NIMBY success!

If you are longterm unemployed, having children is an act of cruelty. It shouldn't be allowed. Yet they do.

And to those who think house prices are going to drop, think again, they will rise now. I've planned my entire strategy around house prices rising 40% in the next 12 years. it's not hard to see I'll be right. House prices have risen steadily since the dawn of time, patterns like that don't change. They rise they drop but they always rise higher again. Lovely jubbley bottle of bubbly

In investment terms have you ever heard the saying that past performance in is no guarantee of future performance.

Past growth as caused home ownership to be out of the reach of many, and unsustainably low interest rates are needed to keep houses prices high, if house prices continue to increase then interest rates will have to continue decreasing and fewer people will be unable to afford them. Historically fewer houses are selling despite there being more people wanting them.

In investment terms have you ever heard the saying that past performance in is no guarantee of future performance.

Absolutely. And yet 12 years from now, house prices will be much higher than they are today, I'm betting my shirt on it. And it's a nice shirt.

Absolutely. And yet 12 years from now, house prices will be much higher than they are today, I'm betting my shirt on it. And it's a nice shirt.

Or it could do this.

When the Japanese housing bubble burst in 1990 the economy was left in disarray. Hard to believe that this happened 23 years ago but real estate prices in Japan are now at levels last seen in 1983.

Or it could do this.

When the Japanese housing bubble burst in 1990 the economy was left in disarray. Hard to believe that this happened 23 years ago but real estate prices in Japan are now at levels last seen in 1983.

And that is why the Government should not be supporting house buyers by giving them a 20% deposit - free for 5 years.

And that is why the Government should not be supporting house buyers by giving them a 20% deposit - free for 5 years.

I'm on the fence with that one, I think it only applies to new build, so it should encourage builders to build and allow first time buyers to buy and get out of the rent trap, fewer people renting older properties should drive down rents and maybe force landlords to sell, older houses will be less affordable so should fall in price. Possibly.

Archived