Amount of homeless children in the UK rises by 11% - NIMBY success!

That's what fuelled the last consumer debt bubble. The one you hate.

Yes but it created growth which is something you want.

I think we all know it won't really work. I haven't seen any serious economic commentators say anything good about it.

I agree, but it does have more chance of generating economic growth than the government borrowing billions to build social housing.

Yes but it created growth which is something you want.

I agree, but it does have more chance of generating economic growth than the government borrowing billions to build social housing.

I want growth but planning an asset bubble and a consumer debt surge isn't the way to achieve it.

Yet your plan it to hope for growth by going into more debt.

Productive borrowing that creates and improves infrastructure, and stimulates the economy.

It's a better idea than Osborne's borrowing to support policy failure.

Productive borrowing that creates and improves infrastructure, and stimulates the economy.

It's a better idea than Osborne's borrowing to support policy failure.

What evidence do you have that its productive and will stimulate the economy, how do you know that the economy won't just crash once the debt stimulus stops. What you sagest as been tried before which is why we have such huge debts in the first place. It’s the endless cycle of borrowing money to stimulate the economy that got us into the mess.

What evidence do you have that its productive and will stimulate the economy, how do you know that the economy won't just crash once the debt stimulus stops. What you sagest as been tried before which is why we have such huge debts in the first place. It’s the endless cycle of borrowing money to stimulate the economy that got us into the mess.

When was it tried before? In which parliaments? What was the effect on growth and on government debt?

Could you break down our current debt to indicate which bits are the result of failed state infrastructure spending?

When was it tried before? In which parliaments? What was the effect on growth and on government debt?

Could you break down our current debt to indicate which bits are the result of failed state infrastructure spending?

What about you giving us evidence of state infrastructure projects that have given sustained economic growth after the they were finished, show us how much growth they created, how many people were better off as a result and how long it took to pay back the debt.

The system you are supporting relies on continuous and sustained borrowing as well as population expansion, and it’s what we’ve been doing for decades.

What about you giving us evidence of state infrastructure projects that have given sustained economic growth after the they were finished, show us how much growth they created, how many people were better off as a result and how long it took to pay back the debt.

The system you are supporting relies on continuous and sustained borrowing as well as population expansion, and it’s what we’ve been doing for decades.

Of course it requires borrowing but Osborne's borrowing to support policy failure is far worse.

The key is that for productive borrowing for every pound spent a pound should be got back. Evidence suggests that for some forms of spending the multiplier effect can be two, i.e. the return is double the outlay.

The evidence of how infrastructure spending benefits us is quite literally all around you every minute of your life.

Of course it requires borrowing but Osborne's borrowing to support policy failure is far worse.

The key is that for productive borrowing for every pound spent a pound should be got back. Evidence suggests that for some forms of spending the multiplier effect can be two, i.e. the return is double the outlay.

The evidence of how infrastructure spending benefits us is quite literally all around you every minute of your life.

Try to get away from your labour roots and explain why your infrastructure borrowing will create long term sustainable growth without slagging Osborn off. Forget about Osborn and tell how much you would borrow, how you would spend it, and much growth would come from it and how long it would take to pay the debt back. It still sounds the same old same old, borrow money, spend it, economic stimulus, population expansion, borrow some more, spend it, economic stimulus, population expansion, and the pyramid get’s bigger and bigger until it collapses.

Try to get away from your labour roots and explain why your infrastructure borrowing will create long term sustainable growth without slagging Osborn off. Forget about Osborn and tell how much you would borrow, how you would spend it, and much growth would come from it and how long it would take to pay the debt back. It still sounds the same old same old, borrow money, spend it, economic stimulus, population expansion, borrow some more, spend it, economic stimulus, population expansion, and the pyramid get’s bigger and bigger until it collapses.

Osborne's borrowing is very important to this discussion. It demonstrates how borrowing for the wrong things us so devastating. He's borrowing to pay for austerity. That is money thrown into a black hole.

Likewise the way Labour borrowed in the last parliament was thrown into a black hole on short run stimulus on temporary public sector jobs.

I'm describing something different, something that neither party will do. Productive public borrowing that will pay for itself, perhaps even pay for itself twice over.

Archived