The date of Easter

Easter is after Xmas but before Whitsun,the precise date is of little consequence to most people.

If it is to celibrate the anniversary of the rising of Jesus, then it should be on the same date every year.

If it is to celibrate the anniversary of the rising of Jesus, then it should be on the same date every year.

Exactly,. but as everyone knows it is a fraudulent hijacking of a pagan festival that has been celebrated for many years before Christianity came to these shores.

It makes me laugh when Christians give easter eggs, and have easter bunny things for the children. I don't remember reading any of that in the bible. Even the word "easter" is nothing to do with christianity.

Exactly,. but as everyone knows it is a fraudulent hijacking of a pagan festival that has been celebrated for many years before Christianity came to these shores.

It makes me laugh when Christians give easter eggs, and have easter bunny things for the children. I don't remember reading any of that in the bible. Even the word "easter" is nothing to do with christianity.

Does your constant going on about how christianity has "stolen" pagan festivals make you feel superior? Do you think that people actually care? If you dont like easter don't celebrate it, ditto christmas. Some people DO celebrate it so why do you care? If you want the pagan festival so badly then celebrate it yourself and then try and get others to join you. Simples.

Does your constant going on about how christianity has "stolen" pagan festivals make you feel superior? Do you think that people actually care? If you dont like easter don't celebrate it, ditto christmas. Some people DO celebrate it so why do you care? If you want the pagan festival so badly then celebrate it yourself and then try and get others to join you. Simples.

The nearest Pagan festivals are the Spring Equinoix and Beltaine. You could argue that 'Easter' (replacement for the Pagan Eostre) was a 'theft' from the pagans, but if you did so you would look silly just as soon as Jeffrey reminded you that Easter is linked to the Passover, which has nothing to do with any Pagan festival.

Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought to be a fool than it is to open it and remove all doubt.

Easter is tied to the feast of the Passover - which pre-dates Christianity by (just a) bit.

Beltaine has nothing to do with Easter.

The nearest Pagan festivals are the Spring Equinoix and Beltaine. You could argue that 'Easter' (replacement for the Pagan Eostre) was a 'theft' from the pagans, but if you did so you would look silly just as soon as Jeffrey reminded you that Easter is linked to the Passover, which has nothing to do with any Pagan festival.

Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought to be a fool than it is to open it and remove all doubt.

Easter is tied to the feast of the Passover - which pre-dates Christianity by (just a) bit.

Beltaine has nothing to do with Easter.

Could I please point out to you that I was NOT claiming easter was pagan, but dont let that worry you, as you say its better to keep your mouth shut :)

Well, Ēostre is all about vegetrian bunnies, or something.

(You've obviously researched [to at least GCSE level] your argument about Easter.)

What would you like to tell us about how ' Christianity has "stolen" pagan festivals ...' ?

(That's a serious question. [i'm not trying to knock you down; it's something in which I am interested.] I'd like to learn more about it.)

PM?

Well, Ēostre is all about vegetrian bunnies, or something.

(You've obviously researched [to at least GCSE level] your argument about Easter.)

What would you like to tell us about how ' Christianity has "stolen" pagan festivals ...' ?

(That's a serious question. [i'm not trying to knock you down; it's something in which I am interested.] I'd like to learn more about it.)

PM?

Muddycoffee, over to you. You are the one making the claim

Archived