Compensation for trip?

Not really.

She is selfish, greedy and has been hoodwinked by the ambulance chasers.

I'm willing to bet that she gets nothing (if it ever gets to court).

Really?

So shes been conned into making a claim by them?

Not sure i agree with that if im honest.

if it was an uneven flagstone for instance on someones property, it might have some merit but from the photo its just a kerb on the edge of a pavement thats in practically every street in britian, so is she sueing because she wasnt looking where she was walking, can i sue if i trip up the kerb when i cross the road, none of us will be safe if we have steps leading to our houses at this rate, dont police carry torches? if so and she didnt use it then isnt she then guilty of not taking precautions when walking around a property she wasnt familiar with and protecting herself from injury, where does all this nonesense end

I do remember when it was decided to allow solicitors to advertise. I shouted at the tv, yes I am at the age where I shout at the tv, that we will be going the same route as the Americans and we have.

Yes, some good has come out of it such as keeping workers safe and placing the onus on employers to look after us. But even that has gone too far.

as part of our application for police response we have to complete a site risk assessments for the police

amongst things like explosives, fragile roofs, swimming pools etc high curbs are one of the items we look for and list - for this reason.

Entirely pointless claim in my professional view that should and likely will fail, quite rightly.

More worrying is the awful letter of claim. Written by a trainee I'm certain. It's shockingly bad.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Archived