Do you have a bucket list?

I just have my 'help, I'm retirement age and have no superannuation to live off / terminal Illness' bucket list-

Travel Iraq, Iran, Afganistan, over the Khyber Pass, and all the other 'no go' areas so I can see all the places I always wanted to- or die trying.

(Of course writing letters to the embassy requesting that they don't attempt a rescue mission should I get into trouble)

I've had like a mini bucket list a while now, and following my news the other day I suppose I will have to start to work on it with a bit more vigour, dear Liza.

what sort of things would you like to do ?

I would like to take a submersible trip to see R.M.S. Titanic (£25000 the last time I checked).

I'd like to go into space but the nearest I could afford would be a near space flight in a Russian MiG, about 17 or so miles up (about £15,000 the last time I checked).

As you can see, these options ain't cheap. And since I rarely even go into town these days, I may need to build up gradually to a trip into near space!

what sort of things would you like to do ?

That is a good question Bassy, I've been to a GP at Silverstone, seen Bon Jovi in Manchester, just see new places in Britain, such as Harrogate & stay over, Chester, I'd love to go to Bramall Lane just for the last time (I expect I'll do this hopefully).

I don't have high aspirations I'm just a simple bloke with a great family, I go to York soon & want to go back to the railway museum. I'd love to travel on a steam train, I'm meeting people off the football forum so that's another one to be ticked off soon.

I want to enjoy my time left and hopefully find something to do, when I quit work, which, will be soon. One of my wishes was to work as long as I could; looks like I've achieved that.

I have done a lot with my life, and cannot really think of anything, it's different thinking and being put on the spot. I will go to Lincoln to see my best mate & his family, that's a given.

I suppose If being honest I'd love to have a ride in a flash posh car and be treat like a king for the day, just to see what all the fuss is about. I suppose hiring a Rolls Royce or Bentley would be my idea of opulence.

I'd love to make it to 20 years married to my marvellous wife Tracy, but that's 4 & a half years away so lets wait and see.

Thta is a good question Bassy, I've been to a GP at Silverstone, seen Bon Jovi in Manchester, just see new places in Britain, such as Harrogate & stay over, Chester, I'd love to go to Bramall Lane just for the last time (I expect I'll do this hopefully).

I don't have high aspirations I'm just a simple bloke with a great family, I go to York soon & want to go back to the railway museum. I'd love to travel on a steam train, I'm meeting people off the football forum so that's another one to be ticked off soon.

I want to enjoy my time left and hopefully find something to do, when I quit work, which, will be soon. One of my wishes was to work as long as I could; looks like I've achieved that.

I have done a lot with my life, and cannot really think of anything, it's different thinking and being put on the spot. I will go to Lincoln to see my best mate & his family, that's a given.

I suppose If being honest I'd love to have a ride in a flash posh car and be treat like a king for the day, just to see what all the fuss is about. I suppose hiring a Rolls Royce or Bentley would be my idea of opulence.

I'd love to make it to 20 years married to my marvellous wife Tracy, but that's 4 & a half years away so lets wait and see.

this is a fabulous post, i wish you everything you wish for yourself, goals and achievments dont need to big and massive ventures, just things that might mean something to you personally, good luck with your list, keep ticking things off :)

---------- Post added 31-03-2013 at 20:43 ----------

I would like to take a submersible trip to see R.M.S. Titanic (£25000 the last time I checked).

I'd like to go into space but the nearest I could afford would be a near space flight in a Russian MiG, about 17 or so miles up (about £15,000 the last time I checked).

As you can see, these options ain't cheap. And since I rarely even go into town these days, I may need to build up gradually to a trip into near space!

nothings cheap these days but you never know whats around the corner and theres never any harm in at least trying to achieve something even if you dont actually manage it, the things you listed sound excellent

Maybe for me it is already too late!

I'd like to climb Mam Tor again, and go down the Blue John Mine (where I worked as a guide in school holidays back in the 1950s), but I'm no longer physically fit.

So maybe I'll settle for a car or bus ride into the Hope Valley when I come over in July.

Also, I'd like to show my Aussie grandchildren the cycle of an English year, of winter, spring, summer and autumn. We don't really get that here.

Here in July hu? You'll be able to show them winter then! :hihi:

---------- Post added 31-03-2013 at 20:59 ----------

I shall spend two thirds of my life savings on prostitutes and fine wine; the rest I shall squander.

Here in July hu? You'll be able to show them winter then! :hihi:

---------- Post added 31-03-2013 at 20:59 ----------

I shall spend two thirds of my life savings on prostitutes and fine wine; the rest I shall squander.

the old ones are the best...............the wines i mean :hihi:

Archived