Why the Media blackout?

Ah, no responses from the left brigade then?

I expect a new thread to be started instead.

I don't think your opinion is anything more than that, an opinion.

I don't believe everything I read on the internet, but it certainly shows the extent of stuff that never makes it into the British media, and just how biased towards the US point of view a lot of British news is.

What isn't reported is often just as important (if not more) as what is, but if you never look for it, and just continue to be spoon fed by the mass media, I don't expect you to agree.

I don't believe everything I read on the internet, but it certainly shows the extent of stuff that never makes it into the British media, and just how biased towards the US point of view a lot of British news is.

What isn't reported is often just as important (if not more) as what is, but if you never look for it, and just continue to be spoon fed by the mass media, I don't expect you to agree.

It's a bit rich moaning about other people of not looking for things when you started this thread complaining about the BBC not reporting something when in fact they had and you just hadn't looked for it on their web site.

It's a bit rich moaning about other people of not looking for things when you started this thread complaining about the BBC not reporting something when in fact they had and you just hadn't looked for it on their web site.

I think for most people, particularly older ones, the BBC is their main (only) source of information.

If it's not on the BBC television news, it hasn't happened...

Instead of being insulting, why don't you address Wynkle's point about people being in houses with more bedrooms than they need?

In the words of the prophet......."You cant educate pork".........

If Wynkle knew what the bedroom tax was and and applied his mind to it he wouldn't make statements like that.

There are many sides to the argument, too many to explain to someone who just hasn't bothered to think.

I'm spoon fed by mass media?! You actually wrote that :hihi:

You couldn't make it up. At least you make me chuckle every now and then :hihi:

I think for most people, particularly older ones, the BBC is their main (only) source of information.

Your original post was that the BBC were part of a news blackout not something hadn't appeared in the 6PM half hour news programme.

How do you think the BBC should have prioritised what had happened that day? Remember the 'bedroom tax' has had extensive coverage since it was first announced - even on the 6PM news. MPs, several disabled charities and various pundits had all repeatedly appeared on the programme and elsewhere on the BBC discussing the issue. Everyone will already know what it is and how controversial it is. What other items of news that day would have to have been dropped to make room for it?

Here is a list of BBC news stories that day to help you decide.

Your original post was that the BBC were part of a news blackout not something hadn't appeared in the 6PM half hour news programme.

How do you think the BBC should have prioritised what had happened that day? Remember the 'bedroom tax' has had extensive coverage since it was first announced - even on the 6PM news. MPs, several disabled charities and various pundits had all repeatedly appeared on the programme and elsewhere on the BBC discussing the issue. Everyone will already know what it is and how controversial it is. What other items of news that day would have to have been dropped to make room for it?

Here is a list of BBC news stories that day to help you decide.

Yes, the bedroom tax has had coverage, but I think 50 co-ordinated demonstrations nationwide is worth at least a little mention on the BBC.

---------- Post added 04-04-2013 at 17:52 ----------

I'm spoon fed by mass media?! You actually wrote that :hihi:

You couldn't make it up. At least you make me chuckle every now and then :hihi:

The 'you' was generic.

What I should have said is 'If one never looks for it, one won't agree.' etc. I'm just not posh.

I've just reread it and it could be interpreted as a personal comment. It wasn't meant that way.

No offence intended *ash*

So you're idea of a 'media blackout' is that it isn't reported on the BBC news on TV. :help:

Archived