Why the Media blackout?

Why is the BBC avoiding any mention of protests against the government?

Yesterday there were over 50 large demonstrations in major towns and cities across the country, against the 'bedroom' tax. But none of this got a single mention on the BBC news. And it's far from the first time.

Ordinary people need a voice to counteract all the prpoganda eminating from the rich and powerful, but it seems to be being denied. Is this why demonstrations sometimes become violent? It seems to be the only way to attract attention to a point of view these days.

I thought the BBC was supposed to be an independent body? It seems the news is becoming more about what they don't say than what they do these days. I never used to trust the internet, but it now seems to be a more informative source about what's happening than the BBC, and in a free country, that's scary...

There was little if any mention of it on the news yesterday, but there was a lengthy feature on 5 Live last night + a discussion on Rad 4 today. No mentions of the protests though.

I was unaware of just how many people will be affected by these changes, the protests are probably just beginning and the govt will end up doing yet another U-turn.

well then, it seems a large section of society think that the bedroom tax is justified.

And you work that out on the basis the turnout was small?

Did you consider apathy?, a lack of understanding of the policy? a lack of the existence of the policy?

Unless you are a befuddled political fan boy, most people would admit the main three parties haven't much differences between them and most mps couldn't give two hoots about the man in the street - or if they do they have a very narrow way of trying to help people that borders on the ineffective.

That's why ukip and the greens, two parties who are nowhere near each other ideologically speaking may do quite well in the next election. They haven't had the chance to screw us over yet.

Exactly. All it does is split the vote, and lead to more coalitions at a time when we really are desperate for a strong, capable government.

Exactly. All it does is split the vote, and lead to more coalitions at a time when we really are desperate for a strong, capable government.

Get more people to vote ukip or greens !! It's that or another 5 years of the tories or ed milliband. Strong government doesn't mean good government. Bear in mind Belgium ticked over for over a year with no government.

Get more people to vote ukip or greens !! It's that or another 5 years of the tories or ed milliband. Strong government doesn't mean good government. Bear in mind Belgium ticked over for over a year with no government.

That's why I added the word 'capable.'

But I'm not holding my breath....

I always call it 'smoke screens'. Other less important snippets of news are put out before the main items. It sort of 'waters down the impact'. Don't worry, the Torys don't have a cat in hells chance at the next election. Cameron makes Maggie look human.

---------- Post added 31-03-2013 at 18:47 ----------

Vote UKIP, lose all the rights and protections given under European law. Employment law would change overnight after a UKIP victory, the ordinary bod would become little better than a slave.

Forget about UKIP, they are undercover members of the BNP. :loopy:

I always call it 'smoke screens'. Other less important snippets of news are put out before the main items. It sort of 'waters down the impact'. Don't worry, the Torys don't have a cat in hells chance at the next election. Cameron makes Maggie look human.

Vote UKIP, lose all the rights and protections given under European law. Employment law would change overnight after a UKIP victory, the ordinary bod would become little better than a slave.

hooray!! cant wait for the day that we get rid of the european laws thats what is strangling the uk

Ah, the loopy smiley, the gold standard for all good political discourse.

They are big on coming out of Europe, are they going to bin every law that's come from Europe ? Will they not cherry pick ? I'm guessing you've read their manefesto (I haven't ) so you could tell me, but leaving the eu and ditching every law that ever came out of the eu are two very different things.

What will they do to companies who carry on following various eu directives ?

Adam Smith and Nimrod demonstrate two completely opposing views on the EU and I really don't know which one is closest to the truth, but then how can I? What unbiased information is there on this very important issue?

What are the facts and where can I find them? I know it wastes money hand over fist and hasn't had its accounts signed off for about 15 years., but I also think that anything that gives the man in the street human rights is a good thing, and we abandon them at our peril.

On balance I think we should come out, but I don't want to vote UKIP and don't think our politicians are up to the job of running a maverick country.

What to do...?

Archived