Why the Media blackout?

Does this apply to Country Houses often lived in by by families who,s ancestors who were given, stole, or plundered the lands due to to their allegiance to who ever was the King or Queen at that time.

These[ now often state owned and maintained] houses can have dozens if not hundreds of bedrooms, so perhaps they should provide Holmes for people who are in need of one.

Actually I have no problem with the aristocracy owning these stately piles.

They are an important part of out heritage but cost an absolute fortune to run. The National Trust doesn't want them because they are so expensive. So let the aristoes keep them, they are their family homes after all and they will love and cherish them in a way no outsider can.

As long as I can pay my 10 quid and visit them once in a while to appreciate how beautiful they are, I'm happy with that...

Actually I have no problem with the aristocracy owning these stately piles.

They are an important part of out heritage but cost an absolute fortune to run. The National Trust doesn't want them because they are so expensive. So let the aristoes keep them, they are their family homes after all and they will love and cherish them in a way no outsider can.

As long as I can pay my 10 quid and visit them once in a while to appreciate how beautiful they are, I'm happy with that...

Good post!

It's reported here - plenty of pics.

Bedroom Tax Protests Take Place Around The UK

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/03/30/bedroom-tax-protests-labour-coalition-_n_2984434.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cukt1%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk4%26pLid%3D167865

---------- Post added 01-04-2013 at 00:24 ----------

Which laws in particular do you take issue with?

for a starter then.

the catch all broad basis of the human rights laws

laws on eu migrants free movement and the claims of welfare and benefits here and in the home country.ir

the membership laws which state how much we must contribute which is grossly disproportionate to what we actually get out.

barmy health and safety rulings

working time directives and employment laws.

thats enough to get us started, these rulings and laws are stifling the re growth of the uk.

And you work that out on the basis the turnout was small?

Did you consider apathy?, a lack of understanding of the policy? a lack of the existence of the policy?

It doesn't really matter what the explanation is, if very few people protest about something, then the government would be justified in continuing with that policy.

If a lot of people protest, then they are morally obliged to think again (although not obliged to change their mind).

Yeah, get rid of peoples rights then we can get back to good old Victorian values like forelock tugging and 'knowing ones place'.

The EU has given us stability. Cameron is hell bent on repealing all rights. As of tomorrow it will cost you £1200 to take an employer to a tribunal.

I have only one year left to work, then I get a pension. That lifts me out of the cesspit of employment law as implemented by the Torys. [And yes, Tony B Liar was also a damn Tory]

well yes thats a pretty good start!

No it doesn't. Which houses are "often state owned and maintained"? They might belong to the National Trust if they are of historical interest. However, the houses were acquired (and I think your idea of 'plundering and stealing' didn't happen as much as you'd like to think) they've been owned and maintained at huge cost by private individuals over the years.

"Hundreds of bedrooms"? What planet are you on? And what are "Holmes"?

Sorry about the spelling mistake.

for a starter then.

laws on eu migrants free movement and the claims of welfare and benefits here and in the home country.ir

the membership laws which state how much we must contribute which is grossly disproportionate to what we actually get out.

thats enough to get us started, these rulings and laws are stifling the re growth of the uk.

I asked which laws in particular? This reads like a list of Daily Mail headlines not a list of relevant, specific laws.

for a starter then.

I think you'll find that most EU countries have found ways round laws they don't like, if not an actual veto. UK could do the same. It hides behind the EU when it suits them and lets them take the blame.

---------- Post added 01-04-2013 at 14:19 ----------

It doesn't really matter what the explanation is, if very few people protest about something, then the government would be justified in continuing with that policy.

If a lot of people protest, then they are morally obliged to think again (although not obliged to change their mind).

Or you could try and make sure nobody finds out exactly how many people are protesting by blacking out the media...?

You could, but the media doesn't work for the government, and independent people at protests with facebook accounts and blogs certainly don't.

So most likely there was simply nothing to report. It's a much simpler explanation than a conspiracy.

I think you'll find that most EU countries have found ways round laws they don't like, if not an actual veto. UK could do the same. It hides behind the EU when it suits them and lets them take the blame.

---------- Post added 01-04-2013 at 14:19 ----------

Or you could try and make sure nobody finds out exactly how many people are protesting by blacking out the media...?

i agree with you Again! Anna:o most other countries choose to ignore the stupid rules, Italy for one where i have family so see it first hand, spain especially and others that just laugh at us the brits "Kow towing" to the euro beaurocrats, why we dont too is astounding especially as the penalties are so miniscule, take for instance the deportation of illegals and terrorists, Hamza, qatada etc etc Italy deports on a weekely basis, we carry on upholding the bizarre human rights laws:loopy::loopy: and let them stay at our cost!

Archived