Churches band together to protect the poor

You're only giving another reason why they should be kicked out of British politics. Their loyalties are to their global church, not British democracy and the British people.

Are the two incompatible?Do you not support the Lords Spiritual?

---------- Post added 01-04-2013 at 12:26 ----------

The pope has just demonstrated how much the church cares for people by washing the feet of the poor.

He could have donated a couple of million from his [their] gold reserves but the feet washing is so much more photo graphical.

Or photogenic?The washing of feet is symbolic-the subtle messages are frequently undetected.

I seem to recall a church leader spouting on about how morally reprehensible it was that our Government could spend money we did not have and get us into so much debt.

I suspect it's just a case of trying to prove to themselves how relevant they are.

'A coalition of churches accused the government of perpetuating myths about poverty in an attempt to justify welfare cuts.

In a joint report, the Baptist Union of Great Britain, the Methodist church, the United Reformed church and the Church of Scotland said that the 'systematic misrepresentation of the poorest in society was a matter of injustice.'

'Systematic misrepresentation' - ie. propoganda, downright lies, aimed at turning the ill- informed and bigotted against their fellow man in order to divide and conquer - exactly what many on here have been saying for ages.

What more will it take to convince the none-believers?

....Short of it happening to them....

'A coalition of churches accused the government of perpetuating myths about poverty in an attempt to justify welfare cuts.

In a joint report, the Baptist Union of Great Britain, the Methodist church, the United Reformed church and the Church of Scotland said that the 'systematic misrepresentation of the poorest in society was a matter of injustice.'

'Systematic misrepresentation' - ie. propoganda, downright lies, aimed at turning the ill- informed and bigotted against their fellow man in order to divide and conquer - exactly what many on here have been saying for ages.

What more will it take to convince the none-believers?

....Short of it happening to them....

When the lazy sod 6 doors from me and a dozen more that I know of get off their arses and work for a living instead of scrounging off the state, I might agree with the church. The kind of lazy people we are talking about are too lazy to get up on a Sunday morning to attend church so it’s unlikely that the church even know of their existance.

Our local vicar lives in a nice big house rent free; he has no bills to pay and drives a nice free car. He mixes with the more affluent members of the community.

When the lazy sod 6 doors from me and a dozen more that I know of get off their arses and work for a living instead of scrounging off the state, I might agree with the church. The kind of lazy people we are talking about are too lazy to get up on a Sunday morning to attend church so it’s unlikely that the church even know of their existance.

Our local vicar lives in a nice big house rent free; he has no bills to pay and drives a nice free car. He mixes with the more affluent members of the community.

I wonder just how much you really know about your neighbour? Is he a good friend? Does he confide in you?

Or is it more about what he wants you to believe? Showing off and bragging because he feels emasculated by his circumstances? What's he going to do? Cry?

His life is probably very boring and unfulfilling, with no hope of improvement in the future. If he's chosen this way of life he's done himself a great diservice, if not, I'd feel sorry for him.

I wonder just how much you really know about your neighbour? Is he a good friend? Does he confide in you?

Or is it more about what he wants you to believe? Showing off and bragging because he feels emasculated by his circumstances? What's he going to do? Cry?

His life is probably very boring and unfulfilling, with no hope of improvement in the future. If he's chosen this way of life he's done himself a great diservice, if not, I'd feel sorry for him.

Significantly more than you know about them, I know where they shop, what they drink and which pubs they frequent, I know what type of cigarettes he smokes and how many he smokes, I know which fast food outlets they use, and that they go on holiday twice a year, once in Skegness and one abroad. I know they spend very little of the money they are given for the kids, on the kids. I talk to them daily and they know that I think they are lazy gits, they aren’t bothered just like the women in the video provided by alchresearch.

---------- Post added 01-04-2013 at 16:43 ----------

Which church are you talking about?

C of E and Catholic church.

Significantly more than you know about them, I know where they shop, what they drink and which pubs they frequent, I know what type of cigarettes he smokes and how many he smokes, I know which fast food outlets they use, and that they go on holiday twice a year, once in Skegness and one abroad. I know they spend very little of the money they are given for the kids, on the kids. I talk to them daily and they know that I think they are lazy gits, they aren’t bothered just like the women in the video provided by alchresearch.

I think you are being very intrusive,and possibly becoming obsessed by their conduct.If you disapprove why talk to them daily?They probably think you approve.

I think you are being very intrusive,and possibly becoming obsessed by their conduct.If you disapprove why talk to them daily?They probably think you approve.

There's nothing intrusive about me talking to them, shopping in the same place as them, seeing them in the café and chip shop, seeing them in the pub and they know I don't approve of their scrounging life style; they just don't give a toss that people disapprove and see me as the mug for working. Why would I stop talking to them just because I disapprove of their scrounging lifestyle?

---------- Post added 01-04-2013 at 18:07 ----------

What do you think they should do?

They should do what ever they want to do.

Archived