Same Sex Marriage

Many people do not agree that it is outdated and should change.

I am not against same sex couples joining in a union based on love and having the same rights as a different sex couple but it is a fact that a same sex and different sex couple are different, this fact can never be changed.

Great, so you do support same sex marriage.

And there's a bloke down the pub who swears there's a ghost in his greenhouse.

Try a source that's a little more reliable -

From Wikipedia -

A June 2012 YouGov survey shows highly accepting attitudes of the British population toward LGBT rights. The report found that 71% are in favour of same-sex marriage.[64] Two YouGov polls in December 2012 found that 55% of the population was in favour of introducing same-sex marriage.[65] Another poll in May 2013 again confirmed public support for the bill with 53% in favour of the introduction of same sex marriage.[66] A second poll in May showed a similar support of 54%, also showing that 58% of people who considered same sex marriage an important election issue would be more likely to vote for a party supporting it.[67]

But like all polls the answers depend on the type of people asked the questions or in many cases those with the strongest views will reply whilst the majority can't be bothered.

Don't you believe what is said on Question Time ?

It depends on context. I have the ability to believe in and reject anything I want. It's a skill.

What you have to do is prove me wrong. Prove that the majority of people oppose gay marriage. Prove it. Do that and you've made me look silly, and that might bring you joy.

;)

I think I have made myself clear in earlier posts.

You said - ''I am not against same sex couples joining in a union based on love and having the same rights as a different sex couple''

So you support gay marriage. Excellent!

It depends on context. I have the ability to believe in and reject anything I want. It's a skill.

What you have to do is prove me wrong. Prove that the majority of people oppose gay marriage. Prove it. Do that and you've made me look silly, and that might bring you joy.

;)

I do not wish to make anyone look silly and it would not bring me any joy to do so.

I have clearly stated my case and the unchangeable fact why I do not agree with redefining marriage. This fact appears to be disregarded in favour of emotion.

You said - ''I am not against same sex couples joining in a union based on love and having the same rights as a different sex couple''

So you support gay marriage. Excellent!

No. I am against redefining the traditional meaning of marriage

In an earlier post I referred to civil partnerships or giving the union of a same sex couple a different title to that of a different sex couple.

Different but equal.

I do not wish to make anyone look silly and it would not bring me any joy to do so.

I have clearly stated my case and the unchangeable fact why I do not agree with redefining marriage. This fact appears to be disregarded in favour of emotion.

That's odd, as posted earlier

You said -I am not against same sex couples joining in a union based on love and having the same rights as a different sex couple

Archived